Request for user-selectable NTP re-sync interval

billv

Request for user-selectable NTP re-sync interval

Post by billv » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:50 am

Hi there,

I have noticed that over relatively short time intervals, the clock on my openSPOT2 tends to drift away from its previously-synced time from an NTP source. The skew is such that by the time I go to manually re-sync the time with an NTP source, the offset is upwards of several minutes after a day or two of constant-on operation.

Would it be possible to add an option in the Network settings page for a user-settable automatic NTP re-sync interval? It would be nice to be able to direct the openSPOT to automatically re-sync with an NTP source every X minutes or hours, instead of having to manually perform the re-sync when I notice a significant clock skew has developed.

I understand that this sort of process may already be happening periodically in the background, but a user-controllable setting to choose the frequency of the NTP re-sync seems like a simple feature addition that would help solve this issue before the skew grows too large.

Thank you for a great product, and for taking the time to read these feature requests!

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Request for user-selectable NTP re-sync interval

Post by HA2NON » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:05 am

Please reload the web interface as the web interface only queries the time from the openSPOT2 once on page load and JavaScript timers may not be accurate.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team