XLX C4FM/YSF support

iw2gob

Re: XLX C4FM/YSF support

Post by iw2gob »

Hi,
currently the connection to XLX with YSF protocol is working as remote gateway as it can be configured in MMDVMHost. Since we don't know how long it will take for the new version of XLX, could you add this mode?

Thank you,

Maurizio IW2GOB
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

What mode do you mean? The openSPOT does not use MMDVMHost. Also the next version of XLX will fix the issue.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
iw2gob

Post by iw2gob »

I know that openspot2 uses its own operating system and that it has nothing to do with MMDVMHost;
however MMDVMHost currently works perfectly with the new version of XLX in YSF mode and I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing in openspot.
Probably in this direct mode MMDVMHost does not use the status packet.

We hope that Luc will update XLX soon.

73, Maurizio IW2GOB
iw2gob

Post by iw2gob »

Hi,

now YSF status protocol support has been added to XLX multi protocol ver 2.3.4;
I have upgraded XLX 997, but I'm not able to use Openspot2 with my Yaesu FT-3D on XLX 997 Module C.
The connection between Openspot2 and XLX997 is right, but I cannot view the XLX 997 modules with Wires-x commands. When I press X on my ft-3d, I should view only the list of xlx997 modules....but I view all the ysf servers.
I think something is missing on openspot2 OS.

Thank you,

73, Maurizio IW2GOB
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Go to the Settings page, C4FM settings, and enable "Ignore Wires-X button commands". This makes the openSPOT2 ignore Wires-X button commands, so the server will answer them, and lets you change it's module.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
iw2gob

Post by iw2gob »

Thank you Norbert,

I have tried "Ignore Wires-X button commands" setting with "Allow data calls to network" setting and now I can see XLX Modules !

73, Maurizio IW2GOB