Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

K8XG

Re: Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

Post by K8XG »

And at the same time the Browsers on the PCs that "have used the open-spot2 before" wont connect and get a connection reset error, this Raspberry Pi 3b+ that has never connected to it before is connecting to it fine tonight.

Info on it's browser and OS: Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) Built on Raspbian , running on Raspbian 9.9 (32-bit)

K8XG

Post by K8XG »

Partial Fix;

Even though I cleared browser's data before, did a "clear cache and do a Hard Reload" in DevTools and its working on the PC that gave me the most problems in Chrome. Now to figure out why FireFox "clear all data" is not working on Linux.

Art - K8XG

K8XG

Post by K8XG »

lost CONNECTION problem came back later last night and this morning.

Replaced the Netgear R6700v3 Nighthawk DD-WRT router with a Linksys Open-WRT AC1200 router and could connect. That router is my Backside of my Arden Mesh net, so I went to Best buy and bought a LinkSys R72 AC1750 router and I can connect to my openspot2.

w7ldn

Post by w7ldn »

K3SLS wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:57 am
After wasting a lot of time watching the log without catching a disconnect, I took a different route. Of my three OS2 devices, only the one connected to FCS04/022 (American Ragchew) was consistently causing browser disconnects. Watching the connection activity showed a lot of "dirty data" flowing through that reflector, almost all sourcing from DMR cross-mode connections. Watching the stats showed BER issues, missing and out-of-order packets, and listening demonstrated hot mics/distorted audio. I suspect the "dirty data" has something to do with the disconnects because the OS2 would reboot in the worst cases or disconnect/reconnect to the FCS server. It's also possible the FCS server has issues. Obviously you never want data affecting code integrity!
I haven't hit the end of this thread yet... but your mention of American Ragchew and bridged DMR traffic rang a bell. I had a definite problem with my browser interface resetting specifically with American Ragchew and specifically when receiving DMR traffic bridged to the FCS room I was in. I did report this to SharkRF and I provided console logs. The reason I am browsing the forum now is to find out if there was a resolution.

WB8AM

Post by WB8AM »

Hello all, I'm experiencing the same issue. My OS2 currently has Firmware v62 and Bootloader v7, and it seemed to help when I changed to a different Brandmeister server. However, the same issue happened again last night. FWIW I'm usually connected to BM TG 91, which is very active, and that seems to exacerbate the problem.

I'm thinking about solving the problem by replacing my OS2 with an OS3, but the demand for that seems very high!!!

73, Brian

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please describe the exact issue you have, what do you see in the device log (not the call log), and how we can reproduce it.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

WB8AM

Post by WB8AM »

HA2NON wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:45 am
Please describe the exact issue you have, what do you see in the device log (not the call log), and how we can reproduce it.
Hi Norbert, thank you for your reply! I'm having the identical issue as the OP. I will set up a log recording via PuTTY as described on the first page of this thread and send it to you, or reply here.

73, Brian WB8AM