NXDN to DMR also works just fine and visa versa

NXDN to NXDN does not work

wondering if folks have tried Dstar or Fusion

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: OS2 Server Modes

Post by HA2NON » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:30 am

What do you use? Two openSPOT2s linked together, or do you use a SharkRF IP Connector server?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Buckee

Post by Buckee » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:24 pm

we are using the SharkRF IP Connector server

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:16 am

Have you updated your SharkRF IP Connector server? NXDN support was added recently.
SharkRF Team

Buckee

Post by Buckee » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Yes, we are up to date. I downloaded the latest copy of the code on Dec 24 and built it.

According to the change log, the latest change made to the server was‎ made Sept 21, 2018 and it was a change to add NXDN support.

Bob_K6UDA

Post by Bob_K6UDA » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:18 pm

I was wondering what the os2 servers were for. Can you explain what it does and why I would want to use it?

Buckee

Post by Buckee » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:30 pm

we have tried your suggestion of TG0 as well as TG 65535 as this is the "ALL" TG number in the NXDN world and no NXDN audio is being passed through the SharkRF IP Connector server

Further to this we had 2 OS2's sitting on two different work benches connected to the SharkRF IP Connector server

each OS2 had it's own independent frequency many Mhz apart as well as separate NXDN id's

before we carried out this test we had both NXDN radios on a simplex channel with exactly the same configuration and they talked to each other just fine so we knew the radios worked..

we then changed the frequency in the NXDN radios to suit the needs of the OS2 Sharks

everything in both OS2's were configured exactly the same except for id's and frequencies

both OS2's connected to the SharkRF IP Connector server just fine and one could see the id's of both OS2's on the SharkRF IP Connector server dashboard

one nxdn radio was keyed up and we listened to the other nxdn radio but never heard any audio..we tried the reverse and obtained exactly the same results

we could see the busy light of each radio active when the other radio was transmitting so the Shark was transmitting the frequency it was assigned but again no NXDN audio was being processed

the voice announcements are also enabled in the OS2's and did not hear any announcement audio yet saw the announcement on the OS2 status page

so we have exhausted all avenues and am looking forward to any other suggestions to try

is there any way that your team may be able to confirm our findings when trying to use NXDN to NXDN through the SharkRF IP Connector server with no NXDN audio is passed

frustrated to say the least

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:19 am

We'll look at this next week.
SharkRF Team

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:36 pm

Does the openSPOT2 NXDN local echo work on both devices?
Does the receiving radio show any caller IDs or anything about a received call?
Please also try a private call to the receiving radio.
Can you please post the log of the openSPOT2 which is transmitting the received call from the server?
SharkRF Team

Buckee

Post by Buckee » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:44 pm

I will do as requested when I have a chance to

On another note we were able to chat between 2 OS2's on NXDN through a different server other than the Shark ip connector server and everything worked just fine

This being the case in my opinion it is pointing to the Shark ip connector server unless I missed something