OS2 Server Modes

Buckee

Re: OS2 Server Modes

Post by Buckee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:42 pm

As requested here are some screen shots

these screen shots are of NXDN to NXDN on an OS2 that was transmitting NXDN as well as an OS2 that was receiving NXDN through the ip client server

I noticed that there are some errors reported which hopefully is of value in troubleshooting

Again we are trying to chat NXDN to NXDN through the client server without success

Also DMR to NXDN works okay but NXDN to DMR does not through the ip client server

In a previous post you suggested to use TG 0 which in the Kenwood NXDN world is ALL as there is no zero

we have also tried different TG numbers without success

looking forward to your responses
Attachments
IMG_45933.jpg
IMG_45922.jpg
IMG_45911.jpg
IMG_4589.JPG
IMG_4586.JPG

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Your logs show that the call is started to NXDN ID 65535 (last 2 screenshots), and not 0. Make sure your radio will open the squelch for 65535 (example: add it to the SelCall list).

Please also take screenshots of the openSPOT2 log which is receiving the NXDN transmission and the modem mode is DMR. It will show you what DMR talkgroup the call is transmitted to. Make sure that TG is in the RX group list of the DMR radio.

Please also answer my other questions.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Buckee

Post by Buckee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:14 am

I find it rather frustrating that you are asking us to try different things, report back our findings to find resolution to the problem at hand

We have been involved with NXDN well over a year and your competion works just fine through ALL their platforms so I have a good understanding of this digital mode

To date we have exhausted all avenues, TG numbers etc, same OS2 settings etc to no avail

One would think that that your beta testers would have tried all scenarios so when you place it in print it all works..this is NOT the case

You never did answer my question whether or not you team has tried NXDN to NXDN on the ip client server

If your team has not tested NXDN to NXDN on the ip client server please do so and REPORT back your findings

So again please answer the question has your team tried NXDN to NXDN over the client ip server?????

If so please post type of radio used, configuration of the radio as well as OS2 configuration so we can all learn

You may be presently surprise!!

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:44 am

Yes of course we've tested NXDN to NXDN using Kenwood NX5300 radios and it works perfectly for us. That's why I'm asking questions so we can help you solve the issue.

Update: we've found the issue which may cause NXDN to NXDN transmissions to be silent when using srf-ip-conn servers. Fix will be available in the next beta (released next week, hopefully on Monday).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Buckee

Post by Buckee » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 am

looking forward to the silent fix