Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

W8ADA

Re: Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

Post by W8ADA » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:38 pm

OK, so I logged in with PuTTy and am seeing the realtime log. What do you suggest I do to get relevant log data to you when this malfunction happens at random intervals?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 pm

You can set PuTTY to save the output to a file.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

KD6QFO

Post by KD6QFO » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:41 am

Can the log show timestamps? If not, this would be a very helpful feature. Not all of us have tome to sit and watch a Realtime log.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am

The log does not timestamp, because the terminal emulator can append timestamp to the logs. PuTTY can do it if you enable it.
SharkRF Team

W8ADA

Post by W8ADA » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:38 pm

I will send my log to the specified address. This log just shows, "httpsrv[0]: websocket closed" "httpcln: connect error" and some failed net checks then it tries to create a new token and log in that then fails. During this log (at the end when I walked back into the shack) I did get the web control page to come back up after a handful of refreshes. Status of OS2, still running on the talkgroup that was in use, but the web interface no longer shows it connected to a TG.

There is some issue with the webserver setup you are using or this unit has a unique hardware issue; although this seems doubtful. It was still running and did not exhibit the hardware error red flashing LED this time either.

With exception to this one time, the only fix for this is to power cycle the OS2. Does no one else ever leave their OS2 on for 6 or more hours? If you do, does the web interface crash? BTW, all browsers react the same.

**UPDATE** The web interface went back down and will not come back up; I will have to power cycle the OS2.

W8ADA

Post by W8ADA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:49 pm

So the web interface only crashes if you have it in a browser window open and monitoring it. Last night I started the OS2 up WITHOUT opening the web interface; it ran for over 16 hours and I was still able to log on to the web control panel for the time being this morning. I will update this when it fails again.

LA9ULA

Post by LA9ULA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:29 pm

I am not sure if this is related, but I have noticed, both with version 51 and the previous one, that the web browser (firefox) sometimes (quite often) looses connection and will not load the OS2-page again. I think this happens when the PC is idle and goes to sleep. In addition to unplugging and plugging the OS2 again, which has already been mentioned, I have found that changing the profile from the radio using DTMF commands will make web browser load the web page again.
(I am using a Yaesu/Fusion radio). Hope this might be of some help?

Best regards
Bjørnung

W8ADA

Post by W8ADA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:20 pm

Yes I tried loading the profile by calling (in my case) 9001 yet the web interface still stays down. Also my computer does not sleep; not even the screen. I am trying to capture what happens now with PuTTY and OBS recording the web interface with the log file.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:02 am

Thank you for providing more information. Changing profiles reboot the device. This is also noted in the user manual.
SharkRF Team

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 pm

I am having the same problem or very similar . My OS2 unit does not crash but after leaving status page loaded on Firefox for several hours, Firefox always goes to a blank loading page . From then, I cannot load the web interface from OS2 . Using Firefox or Chrome no load until I unplug OS2 and make it reboot . I have the latest beta firmware . The OS2 unit continues to operate, I just can't get the web browser to connect until I unplug and power up the OS2 again .

Ping to OS2 is good .

It happened just now in less than two hours after rebooting OS2 .

I guess I need to learn how to connect using PuTTY and get a logging stream ?