Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

k7cet

Re: Browser resets and looses connection to OS2

Post by k7cet » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:33 am

14 hours later - after leaving browser NOT logged in .
I am able to login with no trouble .
I will leave browser logged in on connections page and see if it disconnects and has login failures after many hours .

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 pm

k7cet wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:33 am
14 hours later - after leaving browser NOT logged in .
I am able to login with no trouble .
I will leave browser logged in on connections page and see if it disconnects and has login failures after many hours .
After several hours - browser is stuck on blank page with loading...
Cannot get to login or any page - stays on blank page .
Go to UID and enter ID - goes to blank page - no login possible .

The problem definitely appears to be associated with the browser being logged in to OS2 for some hours time then disconnect and inability to log in until hardware restart .

In one case, I was able to go to UID and the get to login page - but not beyond that .
In other case, I was able to go to UID, but completing that - would not go to login page - just goes to blank page . ( edit ) After a few minutes, I went back and tried UID page again - this time it did go to the login page and after login got momentary status page then timeout again .

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm

I have IPV6 enabled on my router and computer .
Is that the case for everyone else having this trouble ?
I might try disabling that and see if anything changes .

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:39 am

After disabling IPV6 - left browser on status page .
Later, found it on login page . Cannot login - hung with busy circle graphic .
Went to UID page . It gave timeout .
That is the first time I have seen that . It usually gets through the UID page and then sometimes gets through the login before hanging or timeout .

G4TKO

Post by G4TKO » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:40 pm

it would appear to be a time out issue as if i log in for a few hrs and then log out no problem but if i s
tay log in all day then it will hang up

KI7UBQ

Post by KI7UBQ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:54 am

Hello all, just want to say thank you to all the guys that are trying to figure this out as I’m having the same issue also.
Thanks again

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 pm

KI7UBQ wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:54 am
Hello all, just want to say thank you to all the guys that are trying to figure this out as I’m having the same issue also.
Thanks again
Yes, I also appreciate everyone working on this issue .
It seems that some of the indications have changed for me - I used to get a status page that just hangs there with no response - or sometimes a blank page .
Now I am seeing it at a login page after leaving it on the status page for some time . When I find it on the login page - it will not log in .
Also at times in the past, after a disconnection to the web browser issue, I was able to go to the UID page and it would go to the login page and then after that it would hang and not be able to log in again . Now the UID page never works after timeout issue .

rb95403

Post by rb95403 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:22 am

I, too, have this problem.

Any help, thanks!

Bob

K3SLS

Post by K3SLS » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:57 am

After wasting a lot of time watching the log without catching a disconnect, I took a different route. Of my three OS2 devices, only the one connected to FCS04/022 (American Ragchew) was consistently causing browser disconnects. Watching the connection activity showed a lot of "dirty data" flowing through that reflector, almost all sourcing from DMR cross-mode connections. Watching the stats showed BER issues, missing and out-of-order packets, and listening demonstrated hot mics/distorted audio. I suspect the "dirty data" has something to do with the disconnects because the OS2 would reboot in the worst cases or disconnect/reconnect to the FCS server. It's also possible the FCS server has issues. Obviously you never want data affecting code integrity!

I switched the offending room to a Wires-x PDN installation which tolerates the "dirty data" better than the OS2. I still hear the audio issues, but no undesired effects on the host machine. The OS2 is now linked to the room (Carolina Link) previously on the Wires-x machine and has not dropped a browser connection.

One additional consideration...since this affects multiple browsers (in my case Chrome, Firefox, and Safari), it should be pretty clear the OS2 is having difficulty with its on-board web server and may very well be related to the data stream.

PS: The log function of the OS2 needs a way to redirect the output to a text file on the connected computer. I tried piping the output of Mac Terminal (both bash and zsh), but that only created a zero length file.

k7cet

Post by k7cet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Also at times in the past, after a disconnection to the web browser issue, I was able to go to the UID page and it would go to the login page and then after that it would hang and not be able to log in again . Now the UID page never works after timeout issue .
This time after leaving OS2 connected to status page - when I return I am seeing HARDWARE ERROR - red LED indication .

I believe a replacement OS2 may be needed .

Upon rebooting, the OS2 went to Upgrading Wi-Fi module firmware : LED indication for a short period of time . It seemed strange that it only stayed on that LED indication for about half the time that it usually takes to do an upgrade .

I have worked with computer hardware and software for 35 years so it seems probable that it wasn't dong an upgrade and only doing a quality control checksum validation or something .