DMR status log, question

w7ldn

DMR status log, question

Post by w7ldn »

I noticed something in my status log when using the DMR connector. Every time someone keys up in the talk group that I am listening to... I get two entries in my status log. The first one is a private call, and the second one is a group call. The private call is about 1 second long and then the group call log entry follows it. Why am I getting two entries every time? Do I have some setting screwed up?

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: DMR status log, question

Post by HA2NON »

Please post a screenshot about this.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

k5dcx

Post by k5dcx »

statuslog.jpg

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Seems like VK4WO's transceiver is configured to send a confirmed call, or some other setting in the transceiver's CPS is causing the private call to be sent. You can find out more what VK4WO's transceiver sends to the network by looking at the OS2's device log on the status page (make sure advanced mode is turned on). I think it will show that some CSBK frames got received from VK4WO.

You can ask VK4WO to turn off confirmed calls (or any special setting like this) in the transceiver's CPS, or just ignore this.
SharkRF Team

w7ldn

Post by w7ldn »

HA2NON wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:20 am
Please post a screenshot about this.
Hello Norbert. I have attached a screen shot. The last two log entries were a single key-up by this user. The first private one was a very brief 0.3 seconds... then the second group call immediately followed and had audio. This is a Brandmeister configuration.

When I was initially having this issue, I reconfigured everything for DMR-MARC. Then this particular situation seemed to stop happening.

Honestly I don’t know much about DMR. Is getting two log entries for each key-up, one private and one group, a normal thing?

Screen shot
Screen shot

w7ldn

Post by w7ldn »

I might add... this seems to happen with virtually everyone who keys up. It doesn’t seem like a weird setting on the transmitting station or else it would be far more rare.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

As I wrote, you can find out more info about what the openSPOT received from the network by looking at the OS2's device log on the status page (make sure advanced mode is turned on).
SharkRF Team

w7ldn

Post by w7ldn »

HA2NON wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:49 pm
As I wrote, you can find out more info about what the openSPOT received from the network by looking at the OS2's device log on the status page (make sure advanced mode is turned on).
Ok. I’ve done as you suggested. And I’ve attached the log. I’ve circled the one entry in red that seems to indicate what’s going on. Can you tell me what that means?

0BCC3A65-B460-4FE1-B815-A0D5C10B253A.jpeg

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The got new LC line means that a new link control frame has been received with new call information, so the previous call has stopped, and a new call is started.
SharkRF Team

W8ADA

Post by W8ADA »

Greetings Norbert. This is a global issue that began after I think the v61 firmware. All DMR contacts I receive are experiencing the two call routine every time they key up. Just as posted above, the first .2 seconds I get a silent private call that just shows up on the control panel and then I get the second valid entry for a group call that contains audio. Again, every time someone keys up it does this with two entries. Looks like a problem with your firmware as it is not a problem with every Brandmeister Network users' radios...

I can provide any data that will help, but the prior posts' screen shots are exactly what I am experiencing.