Changing DSTAR reflectors

W7rjr

Changing DSTAR reflectors

Post by W7rjr »

Helping a friend configure his DMR radio (Anytone D878UV) with the OS3. He understands he can change anything on the “fly” by using quick setup in the dashboard. I have made a codeplug for him that allows him to switch profiles and REFs/TGs by turning the knob on the top of the radio.
This is accomplished by setting up a channel using a “contact”. All of this can be accomplished except for DSTAR since I have no idea what to put in a contact field for a DSTAR reflector.
Anyone in the group know if a “contact” can be made for a DSTAR reflector?
73 es thanks.
Tyrbiter

Re: Changing DSTAR reflectors

Post by Tyrbiter »

Have a look here in the online manual:

http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top

Look further down the page for how to make this work with a private call from a DMR radio.

If you are still after more help then please ask and various people here can try and assist.
Brian G8SEZ
W7rjr

Post by W7rjr »

Thanks that gave me the DMR call I need to change reflectors. A private call to 13003 will change the OS3 connector to reflector 30C. Got it. Now if only I can determine how to have the codeplug send that to the radio and ultimately to the OS3.
broonzbane

Post by broonzbane »

I’m not familiar with the 878, but on my Motorola xpr7550 you can assign a button to invoke/initiate a private call. Once assigned, you simply press the button and are prompted to enter the ID#. In the example you provided, you’d enter 13003 (or 103003) on the keypad then key-up to change to REF030C. Similarly, with the DCS/XLX connector active, dialing in 333404 would get you to XLX334D: SOUTHEAST-LINK. You seem like you already understand the ID# convention expected by the OS3 as input to change reflectors ‘on the fly.’

The button assignment on my Motorola is basically a shortcut to the private call function that dwells in the menu system. In the absence of the shortcut/button assignment, I would need to invoke the main menu, open my contacts and scroll to the bottom of the list, where I’m given the option to ’Manual Dial.’ Selecting this takes me to the ID# entry page, where my shortcut button ultimately leads.

Perhaps such functionality exists in the 878? I would venture to guess that it does, but you just haven’t found it yet. What you’re looking for us the ability to ‘Manual Dial’ a ‘Private Call.’ Or some similar language. My TYT MD-390 also has this ability.

If the 878 has this ability, no codeplug entries should be necessary...

If not, I suppose the best thing to do would be to create a bunch of contacts in the codeplug for each of the reflectors/modules to be accessed. They all need to be ‘Private Call’ contacts. The command to switch to REF030C would therefore require the creation of a private call contact with the ID 103003. Then you’d just create a separate zone with individual channels for all these hotspot command ‘contacts’ with group call TG9 in the same zone.

Make sense? Am I understanding your question properly?