When can we expect an OS4?

KC2MPG

When can we expect an OS4?

Post by KC2MPG »

I would like to add a second OS for my car. But I would rather wait for the 4 so I could use the 4 in the shack and put my current 3 in the car. Is there a 4 on the horizon and what changes can we expect?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: When can we expect an OS4?

Post by HA2NON »

We don't plan to release a new product in the near future.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
EdAtlanta

Post by EdAtlanta »

KC2MPG wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:34 am I would like to add a second OS for my car. But I would rather wait for the 4 so I could use the 4 in the shack and put my current 3 in the car. Is there a 4 on the horizon and what changes can we expect?
I had 2 OS2's which I sold and now have 2 OS3's. One at home and one mobile which also doubles as my daily walk access to my favorite reflector. I use a Verizon Jetpack as my internet source and since both are battery operated I'm good to use my FT3DR when walking. Works great.

If and when a new model shows up from SharkRF I'll upgrade and sell my 2 OS3's.
Ed
KM4STL
KC2MPG

Post by KC2MPG »

What kind of data plan are you on with the Jetpack? I was thinking about getting the T-mobile hotspot but the data plans are pricy and I'm not sure how much data I would need
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The openSPOT3 uses very little internet traffic. Depending on the active connector, the data rate estimates are as follows:

Quiet channel is 36-180 kB / hour
Active channel is 3-6 MB / hour
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team