ID database lookup (DMR)

KM4VIG

ID database lookup (DMR)

Post by KM4VIG »

I just Pre-ordered a OSPT3, and am going over the manual and new features - comparing it to the OSPT1(which I currently have).

I noticed the ID database lookup - that appears NEW?

I also noticed that in the AD photo for the OpenSpot3 a Hytera PD36x is in the frame. I own a couple of these cute HTs. However, I don't use them very often, as they aren't capable of storing a contact database or displaying the user callsign or info on its screen. I primarily use my AnyTone AT-D868UV that holds 200k users - because this is a huge benefit to me.

My question is, is there now a away to have that contact info data (from ID database lookup) sent and/or displayed on the Hytera screen? Or is that still just limited to displaying that info on the 'Status' screen via a browser? (which is currently happening even on the OPST1)

HA5OGR

Re: ID database lookup (DMR)

Post by HA5OGR »

The ID database lookup feature was already included in Openspot 2 too.Contact info data will forwarding via Openspot to your radio display. Please don't check "send no in-band data to network" option.
Attachments
forwarded callsign to OS3.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

KM4VIG

Post by KM4VIG »

Great , thanks.

I’m hoping it doesn’t require ‘talker alias’ as I don’t think my pd365’s firmware provides that. I’m running V2. I see a note regarding Hytera FW, req. V8. But that is not available for the Pd36x

Perhaps someone knows? As I stated, I see that HT in the photo.

M7GSX

Post by M7GSX »

I imagine it would use talker alias the same as Openspot2, that's the only way to transmit contact information as per the DMR specification. It's a real shame that most radios do not support it, Motorola for one.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The only way to transmit contact name/callsign to a DMR transceiver is using the talker alias feature.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team