Sample setup of Anytone 868

KB1QU

Sample setup of Anytone 868

Post by KB1QU »

I am having some trouble getting my new OS3 to work with my Anytone 868. Do you have an example setup for this radio?
Tyrbiter

Re: Sample setup of Anytone 868

Post by Tyrbiter »

KB1QU wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 pm I am having some trouble getting my new OS3 to work with my Anytone 868. Do you have an example setup for this radio?
Is this simply to use the OS3 for DMR? Can you describe what is not working?
Brian G8SEZ
k7cet

Post by k7cet »

As previous reply stated - we need more information about what part of the process you have been able to get working and at what part are you having trouble .

Were you able to connect to OS3 with a WiFi device - such as a laptop or your cellphone and then set up the Wifi connection for the OS3 to use ? After that, setting the frequencies of the OS3 and your radio would be a next logical step .

Have you been able to do both of those successfully ?
KB1QU

Post by KB1QU »

Thanks for your reply. I have gotten the OS3 on wifi and communicating with the 868. Much of my problem comes from my unfamiliarity with Dmr and the 868 in particular. I am not sure that I have the talk group 9 setup properly and the Rx Group List. I actually made a cross mode contact to D-Star but was only hearing audio from the web interface. I am aware of the troubleshooting section for 'no audio' and am working through that. I suspect that if I had the code plug set up properly, I would be good to go.
k7cet

Post by k7cet »

I got your email from QRZ and sent you a code plug to try . Mine is 878 so I don't know if that will work or not . I also exported my channels, zones, group lists etc . to csv files that you can import and look at and see if that helps .
Check youtube for videos I made about how to set up openspot 1 for using brandmeister and static talk groups so you can listen to 30 or more tg at one time ... search youtube for my callsign K7CET .

Funny thing - when I first got my 878 - I had trouble receiving audio and for about an hour, I searched around to find out how to fix it . Then, I unplugged the programming cable from the radio ...
k7cet

Post by k7cet »

Oh, I just remembered something else .
I noticed that when I load my code plug - there are some items that change in the radio from what I have set in the code plug .
In the channel settings - the DMR Mode - ( maybe DMR Type in different CPS ? ) .
I have DMR Mode set to Simplex in my code plug - however - in the radio - it always changes every DMR Mode to Repeater .
When I use my code plug - it does that and I can still hear audio .
When I loaded a code plug that someone else made - it changed the DMR Mode to Double Slot for every channel - and in that case, I was not able to hear anything .
Check your DMR Mode for the channel in the radio . Go to Settings - Chan Set - last option ... Set it for Simplex or Repeater if it is set for Double Slot .
n6cid

Post by n6cid »

I would suggest you join a Anytone FB page which can provide you better help with your problems.
KB1QU

Post by KB1QU »

Thank you all for your comments. I did finally get it to work and learned a lot about code plugs in the process. Charles, thanks very much for your thoughts and attachments. I am going to go through them in detail.

I did run into one glitch...I was in the midst of a DMR->D-Star QSO and was knocked off when a 'codeplug incompatability' error message popped up.
k7cet

Post by k7cet »

I did run into one glitch...I was in the midst of a DMR->D-Star QSO and was knocked off when a 'codeplug incompatability' error message popped up.
If you did load my code plug - or another one from someone else . You can even try this if you didn't load someone else's code plug .

I suggest you export your current code plug info to csv files - ( including the options settings ) and then start from a fresh new blank code plug and import that info from the csv files . After that, save that code plug to a new file and rename that old one ( if you have saved the one which gives error ) to show it is not good .

Good job getting it to work !