Multiple Hotspots - DMR ID, DStar and TSF considerations?

HamScanMan

Multiple Hotspots - DMR ID, DStar and TSF considerations?

Post by HamScanMan »

Hello:
A question for the experts out there. I have a few OpenSpots and its possible one or more might be on DMR at the same time, typically on a ddifferent talk group.

I have heard you can add a two digit ID to make each Openspot unique on the network. I assume you just put the 01, 02, 03, 04 after your ID in Connectors | DMR/Homebrew/MMDVM section. Can someone confirm that is correct? I would have each OpenSpot set to my DMR ID and add unique identifier directly after my ID in the DMR ID field.

Do I have the same concerns for D-Star and YSF? Again, its possibly I would have 2 or more OpenSpots connected, probablky to different reflectors or rooms. Do I need to make anything unique for thise two modes?

Thank you in advance.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Multiple Hotspots - DMR ID, DStar and TSF considerations?

Post by HA2NON »

BrandMeister servers support the use of SSIDs in your DMR ID. You can append a number from 00 to 99 to your DMR ID. Example: 2161005 with SSID 5: 216100505

YSFReflector and other servers don't support SSIDs. Just make sure you are not connected to the same server with more than 1 hotspot at the same time.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
HamScanMan

Re: Multiple Hotspots - DMR ID, DStar and TSF considerations?

Post by HamScanMan »

Thank you.

D-Star has local modules, would you suggest putting a different module on each Openspot (A,B,C,D)?

I have a few registered with my local repeater.

Thanks,