Force Host File Updates

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Force Host File Updates

Post by HA2NON »

No, but the state of the database does not affect normal device usage (the openSPOT3 does not do callsign/ID verification).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
W4DBG

Post by W4DBG »

I am interested in the host files too.. I updated a few reflectors two weeks ago and OpenSpot's are still on the "old" hosts.. As in I have both server running simultaneously but the OpenSpots still haven't moved to the "new" server almost 20 days later... Does the end user have to do anything to pick up host file updates? Thanks!
M6AYW

Post by M6AYW »

W4DBG wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 pm I am interested in the host files too.. I updated a few reflectors two weeks ago and OpenSpot's are still on the "old" hosts.. As in I have both server running simultaneously but the OpenSpots still haven't moved to the "new" server almost 20 days later... Does the end user have to do anything to pick up host file updates? Thanks!
I think we could benefit from a similar system as Pi-Star where we can run "Update" and we fetch the latest hosts files as and when we want. :)
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The openSPOT1/2/3 does not store any server lists. They are queried from our database server by your browser, so it's always up to date with the server. Our database refreshes automatically from various server list sources. Please tell us which server you have issue with and what is the old and new address and we'll look at it.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team