Using Yaesu FT3D to switch connectors

bryanparke

Using Yaesu FT3D to switch connectors

Post by bryanparke »

I'm coming from using the Kenwood TH-D74A where it was fairly easy to setup up special commands to switch between connectors (e.g. if was on a d-star reflector I could switch to the null connector using 'unlink reflector' and then I could start up the DMR connector by sending BM3013 to get connected to brandmeister).

However, when using the Yaesu FT3D I cannot find what I could use to start up another connector. If I'm on YSF I can disconnect using the wires-x button, hold 'band' and that switches the openspot3 to the null connector. But, after that, what command do I execute to say "connect to brandmeister 3103" for example?

Maybe it isn't possible. I have seen reference to use the OS3 profiles, which I can see from the wires-x server list; but that isn't quite as convenient since the OS3 has to switch profiles and takes some time. It also means using up profile slots for connectors whereas I'd rather use those slots to indicate which radio type I'm using.
Tyrbiter

Re: Using Yaesu FT3D to switch connectors

Post by Tyrbiter »

Have a look here:

http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top

and keep reading down to the section here:

http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top

which should get you going.
Brian G8SEZ
bryanparke

Post by bryanparke »

Thanks for the reply but those links I have been through several times. They don’t seem to indicate how to switch between connectors. For example, say I’m using C4FM and want to switch to BrandMeister, on the Kenwood I could pass a command to the OS3 and it would disconnect from C4FM and set the active connector for DMR and then I could set the talk group and be on my way. From the FT3D they only seem to show the DTMF codes to activate various reflectors or talk groups, but that assumes you’re already set to the connector for that DTMF code. I know I could do it with profiles, I just don’t like it...
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

You have 2 methods to switch connectors using a C4FM transceiver:

- You can use the Wires-X button menu, for ex. start a search for a BM server's ID like 2162 and switch to it (this will switch the currently active connector on the OS3)
- You can switch between OS3 configuration profiles using DTMF codes or the Wires-X button menu (set up different connectors in each profile and switch between them)
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
bryanparke

Post by bryanparke »

Oh cool! I didn’t know I could search for the brandmeister servers in the search screen. I though that would only search ysf reflectors. I’ll give it a try and report back
bryanparke

Post by bryanparke »

That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I was able to switch from YSF to DMR to DStar all using the wiresx search screen. No profile switching. Amazing! One weird thing that I noticed is that if I try to add the dstar reflector to the wiresx category, it doesn’t save; though the BM3103 saved in the category. I’ll have to play with that more. Thanks again for your help!
o00scorpion00o

Post by o00scorpion00o »

Pretty cool feature, what would be even cooler is if you could crossmode as easy with the FT-3d as with the Anytone 878, for instance, I can save in the anytone YSF and D-Star reflectors as talk groups and recall them from the tg list, very convenient. With the FT-3d I can save DMR talk groups as DTMF tones an asd in the DTMF settings I can set DTMF as speed dial, so I have say TG91 set as DTMF memory No.1 but I have to remember what all the memories are, so when going to D-Star I'd have to remember that REF 30C is DTMF no 6 for instance. It would be nice if there was some way to use wires-x to pull a list of saved reflectors off the openspot as easy as the profiles.

Using the 878 to crossmode is really easy + the sound is miles better than the ft-3d which means in the car I can't hear it without severe distortion and bluetooth is useles because it won't connect to the car, the anytone does.