FT-3D Wires-x Server/Room List

o00scorpion00o

FT-3D Wires-x Server/Room List

Post by o00scorpion00o »

Hi Everyone, in the OS3 manual I found this.

Server change using a C4FM radio

You can change servers by entering the Special command/cross mode private call DTMF code (by default it's *) or the Cross mode group call DTMF code] (by default it's #) followed by the special ID described below.

You can also use the Wires-X® button menu of your radio to select/search for servers.

I can't use wires'x to change servers/rooms TG etc, but I can change profiles easily from the "all" in wires X which is pretty cool however when I change profiles say from Fusion to DMR and try search for TG it only lists Wires-x rooms and if I click on one of those it automatically knocks me out or my Brandmeister profile back to the Fusion profile.

I took the below to mean that I can use the Wires-x button to find servers/rooms/tg etc in any mode ?

You can change servers by entering the Special command/cross mode private call DTMF code (by default it's *) or the Cross mode group call DTMF code] (by default it's #) followed by the special ID described below.

You can also use the Wires-X® button menu of your radio to select/search for servers.

It doesn't work when I try use the DTMF commands either.

It would be cool if you could search for a list of rooms in any mode and store them like you can in proper Wires-X.
o00scorpion00o

Re: FT-3D Wires-x Server/Room List

Post by o00scorpion00o »

Ok, I got something to work, lol

I went into the Signalling setting on the FT-3d, changed DTMF to Auto, set the 1st memory to Brandmeister TG 2722 which is Ireland Call, DTMF memory 2 is set as 2723 Ireland chat etc and it works well but it would be nice to be able to do this from the Wires-x menu, search for TG or at least store them in the wires-x memory in C1, C2 etc ?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

You can only use the Wires-X button menu to change servers.

Talkgroup linking is handled by the server when it detects a call to a talkgroup ID. You can start quick calls using DTMF codes on your transceiver or using the Quick Call feature on the web interface (or just start talking to the desired TG after you've set the "Route cross mode calls to ID" setting at the Homebrew/MMDVM connector settings).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
o00scorpion00o

Post by o00scorpion00o »

HA2NON wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:36 pm You can only use the Wires-X button menu to change servers.

Talkgroup linking is handled by the server when it detects a call to a talkgroup ID. You can start quick calls using DTMF codes on your transceiver or using the Quick Call feature on the web interface (or just start talking to the desired TG after you've set the "Route cross mode calls to ID" setting at the Homebrew/MMDVM connector settings).
What do you mean by servers ? do you mean from Brandmeister to Fusion to D-star or change rooms, TG etc ?

Is there any way in the future wires-x can list the talk groups for DMR or reflectors for D-Star which they can be then saved easily like wires-x rooms ? this would be really cool.

Or even if you could search and store D-star reflectors or DMR rooms in the Openspot 3 in folders that you can name, for instance a folder called DMR and in this would be TG 91, etc same for D-Star and recall them in the radio by using the wires-x room like the profiles this would be cool too.

I haven't yet figured out how to change D-Star reflectors.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

A server is where your openSPOT3 and other hotspot and repeater users connect to. It can handle one or multiple rooms (or talkgroups, whatever you call them). For example, a BrandMeister server handles multiple talkgroups and communicates with other BM serves on the network. Another example is a YSFReflector server - this type of a server only handles 1 room.

The openSPOT3 can't control which talkgroup a DMR server has linked or unlinked, so what you wrote can't be done. Talkgroup linking is handled entirely by the server by detecting group calls which you start. If a server detects a group call, then it will link the ID for you. Please read http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
o00scorpion00o

Post by o00scorpion00o »

HA2NON wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:11 pm A server is where your openSPOT3 and other hotspot and repeater users connect to. It can handle one or multiple rooms (or talkgroups, whatever you call them). For example, a BrandMeister server handles multiple talkgroups and communicates with other BM serves on the network. Another example is a YSFReflector server - this type of a server only handles 1 room.

The openSPOT3 can't control which talkgroup a DMR server has linked or unlinked, so what you wrote can't be done. Talkgroup linking is handled entirely by the server by detecting group calls which you start. If a server detects a group call, then it will link the ID for you. Please read http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top
How about if the OS3 could store the TG or D-Star reflectors in a memory folder which could be accessed through wires-x ? you set up the TG/D-Star reflectors you want directly on the OS3 and the wires-x radio could list these folders like it lists the profile in wires-x under "all" so if you had a folder on the OS3 called DMR and in this were the TG of the DMR channels you want and another folder for D_Star reflectors, then on your wires-x radio you would select the DMR TG then all this does is link to the OS3 which translates this to the required function to change the TG or D-star reflector without having to use DTMF tones on the radio that you can't remember what they are for ?

Maybe I am not being clear enough what I am thinking ? :-)