Price is raised

OZ9KL

Price is raised

Post by OZ9KL »

A couple of days you could by OP3 for 249 Euro, now it is 279 Euro.
Why?
Tyrbiter

Re: Price is raised

Post by Tyrbiter »

As a guess, the shortage of semiconductors is driving their prices higher, that means the final cost of the product has to rise as companies are not in business to make a loss.
Brian G8SEZ
OZ9KL

Post by OZ9KL »

Or they want to give a discount on easter as they normally do, but don't want to loose money.
DO1IP

Post by DO1IP »

OZ9KL wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:28 am A couple of days you could by OP3 for 249 Euro, now it is 279 Euro.
Why?
They are always millionairs, believe me! :idea:
73s, de DO1IP
Openspot2 (v78 BETA)
OZ9KL

Post by OZ9KL »

And now it raised to 299 Euro.
Are you making fun of us?

I planned to buy one when it cost 249 Euro, but would wait for easter, becuase there have normally been a discount for easter. But at 299 Euro - forget it.
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

It's your choice, however as I stated before there is a serious worldwide semiconductor shortage in certain sectors and I suspect that as a small company SharkRF are unable to purchase parts at the price they were paying a few months ago. Don't forget that the Suez Canal blockage will also have affected the situation, if only where distributors may have shifted to providing parts on allocation only even if only to drive short term profit.

Lots of other "sharks" in the world of business.
Brian G8SEZ
OZ9KL

Post by OZ9KL »

I just ordered a Dual Jumbot Spot and a Nextion 2.4 Screen for install in my Car. Payed 86 Euro delivered to Denmark which is aproximately 1/5 of the price, that the OpenSpot 3 cost. Of course I can't crossmode to DStar, but then I can bring my Icom ID51 with me, and have the spot setup to DMR+ BM and Dstar at the same time, without the need to change profiles for another mode. I wil also have the advantage of having two timeslots and a readout display. The only minuses is the longer boot time, but to 1/5 of the price, I can live with that.
DualJumboSpot.jpg
Price for OP3 delivered to Denmark
OP3 Price.jpg
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

comparison02.png
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
OZ9KL

Post by OZ9KL »

comparison.jpg
N1IG

Post by N1IG »

I'm glad the other option will work for you. But if you have to carry two or three different radios for the three different digital formats, you're just spending on radios instead of on an OS3. And now you have three different radios to make sure the batteries are charged! Sounds like your way is not only more expensive in the long run, but requires more effort to keep usable.

For me, I like that I can access D-Star, DMR, and Fusion all by using one radio with the OS3. I've had mine for a year, and have had no problems with it at all.

YMMV