Switching YSF reflectors from Anytone 878

o00scorpion00o

Switching YSF reflectors from Anytone 878

Post by o00scorpion00o »

Hi all,

How do you manage changing reflectors from the 878 ? Doing it manually means you have to remember the Reflector number, for instance, America Link is 32592, CQ-UK is 27793, it's a lot to remember.

How do you do it ? :lol:
Last edited by o00scorpion00o on Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Switching FCS reflectors from Anytone 878

Post by HA2NON »

Note that you wrote FCS in the thread's title, but you write YSFReflector server IDs in your post.

For information on how to change FCS servers and rooms using your DMR transceiver, look at the Cross mode usage section here: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top
For YSFReflector server change info look here: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
o00scorpion00o

Re: Switching FCS reflectors from Anytone 878

Post by o00scorpion00o »

I fixed the thread title :lol:

Yes it was a mistake, it was getting late and I wanted to keep going to see if I could master it and I finally have. :D

I was Impressed with the Openspot 3 before I mastered cross mode from the Anytone 878 but now I am even more impressed, has to be the best Hotspot ever! :D

In the Openspot 3 I have 3 profiles set, No.1 is for Fusion, No.2 for DMR and No.3 for D-Star, so then if I'm in DMR as normal on the Anytone and want to go to D-Star I private call 9003 and it switches to D-Star and selects the last reflector used, so say that was REF 001 C and I want to go to REF 030 C I have saved in the phone some reflectors for D-Star, so for instance, if I want Ref 030 C I stored in my phone as a talk group 13003 which is what the OpenSpot needs to know to switch to Ref 030 C and having a couple stored in the phone makes it really easy.

It's a lot easier when you set up a shortcut for last call reply success in the anytone so that you can quickly get back to TG9 to be able to reply to a call on the reflector after switching or you'll just keep sending the command to switch to whatever reflector you selected when you press PTT.

For YSF it's the same, I just save the reflectors as talk groups in the format the OS3 needs. Have to say now that I finally decided to figure out how to do it from the Anytone I'm very impressed at how easy it is.

Hopefully this will be of some use to anyone looking to cross mode using the Anytone 878 and OS3, it probably works the same from any DMR radio.
KO4IPV

Re: Switching YSF reflectors from Anytone 878

Post by KO4IPV »

You seem to be very versed on any tone 878 so here’s my question I have the open spot three I also have the any tone 878 tell me step-by-step how to program my 878 to work with the open spot I have already programed the simplexfrequency into the Anytone 878 but can only transmit I do not hear anyvoice I must’ve program something wrong in the 878 .I also program the simplex frequency indigital mode.
o00scorpion00o

Post by o00scorpion00o »

KO4IPV wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:56 pm You seem to be very versed on any tone 878 so here’s my question I have the open spot three I also have the any tone 878 tell me step-by-step how to program my 878 to work with the open spot I have already programed the simplexfrequency into the Anytone 878 but can only transmit I do not hear anyvoice I must’ve program something wrong in the 878 .I also program the simplex frequency indigital mode.
Hi there.

You have to get TG 9 set in the 878 as group call, without this you will hear nothing as all traffic comes throguh TG9 from the Openspot 3.

Remember that for each and every Talk group you must aslo have a channel associated to this Talk group. So for Talk Group 9 you have to create a channel then in the channel settings go to "contact" find TG 9 and select it. The frequency for each channel will be the openspot frequency and in channel settings give the channel a name, for instance TG9.

Now you want World Wide 91, enter this into talk groups as "group call" then create another simplex frequency the one of the OS3, copy and past the previous one,then go to "contact" on the channel settings and find and select World Wide 91, rememner to give the channel a name which will be TG 91.

Next you need a Zone to add all your channels to so you can easily find them in the radio. Create one Zone, for example, I have a Zone for all Irish Channels called Ireland, then UK, USA etc.

Next, crossmoding, this is where you need to set the profile in your Openspot 3, once you have the settings in for DMR save that as profile 1, next config the Openspot 3 for Fusion, then save that profile as 2 etc, you might need to e in advanced settings in the OS3 for this.

Now for profile switching, 9001 will be profile 1, 9002, profile 2, 9003 profile 3 etc.

You now have to enter 9001, 9002 and 9003 as talk gropus, private call. It only worked for me when set to private call not group call. So 9001 will be the "id" and the name will be DMR because here we're calling profile 9001 DMR.

You need 3 channels for the 3 new talk groups then create a new Zone called "profile Switching" then drop TG 9001, 9002 and 9003 in there which you will name, 9001 as DMR, 9002 as Fusion and 9003 as D-Star and don't forget to give the channel a name for each talk group.

To change profile you then use the button on the radio to change Zone to "profile switching" and select Fusion, press and hold PTT for a second or two and the openspot will then change to fusion.

So if you get this far come back and we can set up fusion and D-Star, you need to register to be able to transmit on D-Star, register here https://wb1gof.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do and follow the instructions, you'll need to enter some information from the site to your openspot 3 or you won't be able to TX on D-Star.

It can be extremely frustrating to get on DMR but the Openspot 3 is the best way to get into digital voice when using a HT and wanting to crossmode but the payoff of using a DMR radio is that crossmoding is made very simple thanks to the wonderful Openspot 3 and once you are familiar with the whole thing you will really appreciate the OS3 and Anytone 878.

Do read the manual for the OS3 too it's got tonnes of information in there.

Any questions I'll do my best to answer. I do plan to make a youtube video on all of this. Including the code plug and OS3.

Good luck.

Mark
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

Hi Mark thank you so much for all that information I am registered already with D-star , and I own Yaesu Ft-3D and also have been running the FT3 with my open spot and working fine, no problems there my issue is I have an any tone 878 and I want to use that also with my open spot 3 and I put my Symplex frequency into my any tone set it up is digital and I tested it and I’m able to transmit only cannot receive do I need to load up all that information you told me about into my any tone 878 or does open spot bypass all of that ?
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

Just wanted to mention That I just want to use my Anytone878 for DMR only.
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

And also I already have the Simplex Frequency stored in my any tone 878