Charging

w9pmc

Charging

Post by w9pmc »

Can I leave the Openspot 3 plugged in all the time without damage? Thanks.
Tyrbiter

Re: Charging

Post by Tyrbiter »

Yes, that's what it is designed for.
Brian G8SEZ
w9pmc

Post by w9pmc »

Thanks. Some equipment I have with lithium batteries recommend the discharge to 20% or so for longevity. I didn't know about the Openspot recommendation and couldn't find it in the manual.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

This information can be found on the product page: https://www.sharkrf.com/products/openspot3/learn-more/ (Can I use the openSPOT3 continuously plugged into the USB power supply?)

Yes! There’s even a setting which you can activate and then the openSPOT3 will turn on if there is external power available, and turn off if the external power supply is disconnected. This is very useful if you want the openSPOT3 automatically turn on and off if you use it in a vehicle for example.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KC2MPG

Post by KC2MPG »

If used in a vehicle with the auto power off setting, will it automatically power back on when the power source comes back on when the vehicle is started?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

You should enable the "Power off if no charger is connected" setting (Settings page, Miscellaneous settings section). http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... s-settings

Enabling the Power off if no charger is connected setting is useful if the openSPOT3 is installed in a vehicle, as the device will follow the USB power status (it will turn off if USB power is lost and it will turn on if USB power is restored).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KC2MPG

Post by KC2MPG »

Perfect! thanks