Using my DMR radio and the openspot 3

KO4IPV

Using my DMR radio and the openspot 3

Post by KO4IPV »

This may be a question for Bridgecom Sytems , however here goes ! I am using the Anytone 878 DMR radio and the openspot 3 , using the web interface in quick setup after selecting the radio (DMR) and then selecting the network / server type , (Brandmiester) . can I switch from Talk group to another talkgroup with out programing a seprate codeplug for each different new talkgroup that is selected in the Brandmeister selection ? Or is the Yaesu C4FM radios only cabable of this . and if not ! than I should assume that the DMR radio cannot be capable of this type of selecting Talkgroups , it must be a programed code plug even with the openspot 3
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Using my DMR radio and the openspot 3

Post by HA2NON »

Look at the Call rerouting functionality: http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... -rerouting

This lets you have only 1 talkgroup in your transceiver, and the openSPOT3 will rewrite the destination and source IDs.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

I am almost sure what the directions explain in the user manual ,except one sentence ,it is > when you talk to TG9 < what does that mean ???? So I gather doing this explanation as described in the user manual will eliminate the need for changing channels and making a separate code plugs for each talk group correct , and then I can change talk groups directly through the OPS 3 web interface . Do you agree ?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Yes. If you enable call rerouting, then you only need to use 1 channel in your transceiver, which has TG9 set as the TX contact.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

Thankyou again you are always a wealth of knowledge! Angelo KO4IPV
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

One more thing just to be sure after I go to the connectors page and go down to reroute DMR TG9 calls to ID , then add 3100 (example) . Do I have to click on the add server tab ?
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

Or is it the Save Tab that must be entered ?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

You have to click on the Save button.

Performing a Quick Call on the web interface also updates the Reroute ID.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

Thanks again Norbert !
KO4IPV

Post by KO4IPV »

I finally got it to work , if I would have known to first make a separate code plug (channel) with TG9 as my contact , would have figuered it out long ago never the less it is now working . thanks again Norbert !
Last edited by KO4IPV on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.