Speech Output for Joining Talk Groups

VE3RWJ

Speech Output for Joining Talk Groups

Post by VE3RWJ »

Currently, as a visually-impaired user, I hear voice confirmation that I have joined a network, switched profiles etc. but I do not hear any confirmation that I have joined a particular DMR talk group. Please add this.

On Branmeister, if I join a group that isn't currently active, I hear nothing, and keying up too often will get me temporarily banned.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Speech Output for Joining Talk Groups

Post by HA2NON »

As talkgroup linking is entirely managed by the server, the openSPOT3 does not know which talkgroup is currently linked if you are not using a BrandMeister server. There's a BrandMeister API which lets the OS3 query this info, so if you connect to BM servers, then you'll hear linked TG info in the announcement. You can re-request this voice announcement if you make a short call to ID 9998.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
wb9hgz

Re: Speech Output for Joining Talk Groups

Post by wb9hgz »

Just a tangent to this. I have noticed that the Brandmeister API has apparently not fully caught up with the new "auto static" feature. When you key up a dynamic talk group, it is reported on the SharkRF interface page as well as in the status announcement. After a period of time, however, it is no longer reported, even though the connection has been retained through the "auto static" feature.