TGIF security key

martinfab

TGIF security key

Post by martinfab »

TGIF is now offering a hotspot security key. It says you enter it into your hotspot. I guess it is like the one Brandmeister offers? Where would this get entered into the Openspot?

Thanks
K6EEN

Re: TGIF security key

Post by K6EEN »

Same place as you enter the BrandMeister password. Maybe use the openSPOT "profiles" and have one profile as BrandMeister and another as TGIF so you don't have to change the password all the time? I just go into the DMR connector settings and change the password when I connect to TGIF, haven't bothered with profiles yet.

Note the TGIF hotspot security key defaults to a random string of digits you can view in the "Self Care" page for your TGIF account. It is not your account password that you chose.
HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

K6EEN is correct. The standard server password is "passw0rd".
Attachments
TGIF website.jpg
OS3 connected to TGIF.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
martinfab

Post by martinfab »

I understand the password. Where does the security key get pasted to? Maybe I am missing something in the explanation here. The key and the password are different, correct?

Thanks
HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

Yes, the password and key are different think. Please try Brandmeister manager API key option.

http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... er-manager
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
martinfab

Post by martinfab »

Actually TGIF has a video explaining things. The Key is the password if you want to use it, otherwise it is passw0rd. I hope this helps others.

Thanks, stay safe, Bryan KJ7PRS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2SIXb6F84
HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

Thank you for your info and video sharing. That helps others as well. Stay safe!
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester
K6EEN

Post by K6EEN »

TGIF has a new server. If you put your callsign and "passw0rd" into the openSPOT, you will connect in "Legacy" mode, i.e. no authentication because everyone is using the same password. It is up to the individual talk group managers if they will accept "Legacy" connections. Some talk groups on TGIF will only allow authenticated, not "Legacy" connections. You can sign up for an account on tgif.network and you will be issued a "hotspot security key" in TGIF SelfCare once registration is complete. Put in your callsign and DMR radio ID into your hotspot, and use the new TGIF "hotspot security key" in the password field. You will now be authenticated into all TGIF talk groups.