trying to connect to the selected server

N2JFD

trying to connect to the selected server

Post by N2JFD »

I'm having some difficulty when trying to connect to the TGIF network. my OS3 connects with no problems to brandmeister but will not connect to TGIF. I have tried changing some of the settings like adding a specific channel but that doesn't help. this is all while connected to my home wifi (i wont even get started on trying to connect to my iPhone lol) anyone know what i need to do to get it to connect?

HA5OGR

Re: trying to connect to the selected server

Post by HA5OGR »

I think there might be some problem with the TGIF server. The Openspot setting is fine.

https://tgifnetwork.createaforum.com/ho ... -for-tgif/
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

N2JFD

Post by N2JFD »

HA5OGR wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:33 pm
I think there might be some problem with the TGIF server. The Openspot setting is fine.

https://tgifnetwork.createaforum.com/ho ... -for-tgif/
thank you so much for posting this link, this was exactly my problem. i had the protocol set to homebrew. as soon as i switched to MMDVM, it connected no problem. all is right in the world again. (and to boot, it even connected to my iphoneX)

N2JFD

Post by N2JFD »

well I thought I had this all figured out and my OS3 was working great for the last week and then BAM!!! now it wont connect through my phone to TGIF again. no problems connecting to any other server while connected through my phone, JUST TGIF. what is the deal? all I get is the alternating blue and yellow light and my status page just says
● connector connecting.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

N2JFD

Post by N2JFD »

i even tried updating my iphone to the latest software and that didn't help

N2JFD

Post by N2JFD »

Actually, i cant connect to TGIF even on my home network either. now im stummped

N2JFD

Post by N2JFD »

So... This is not an iPhone connection issue, this is a TGIF connection issue. I can connect no problem to my phone, just not to TGIF

HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

TGIF network is ON and OS3 can sucessfully connected to it. Please check the server password! The default password is passw0rd on TGIF network too. If you have previously set a different password for your hotspot security in the Brandmeister SelfCare menu then your Openspot password must also be the same on Brandmeister network. If you go back from TGIF network to the Brandmeister network then set back your password to what you set in Brandmeister hotspot security!
Attachments
TGIF network.jpg
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester

N2JFD

Post by N2JFD »

turns out my problem was not my iphone, it was my hot spots. i had to assign different ESSID to each. that solved all my problems

HA5OGR

Post by HA5OGR »

Okay, I have read your comment in other thread.
http://hamradio.joomla.com/images/PDF/M ... umbers.pdf
73 de Lajos
Openspot alpha tester