Upon startup, OSpot 3 stopped completely

Antoninov1

Upon startup, OSpot 3 stopped completely

Post by Antoninov1 »

Greetings:
I hope you might help with this. I sent an email to Mr. Marton. OS3 wont come back on. No lights, nothing. I used it a large portion of the day yesterday after charging it night before last. This morning I used it successfully with 3 asos. I shut it down as normal and a few hours later it started normal boot up with th right lights and sounds but quickly stopped completely. I put it on the charger but no charge light at all. I have had no other problem at all. Worked flawlessly.

Antoninov1

Re: Upon startup, OSpot 3 stopped completely

Post by Antoninov1 »

At 10:52 my time, I plugged the os3 into the charger you sent me. I held the power button for about 45 seconds and it came on and started charging. It is doing so now. I thought very clearly that the battery icon was very close to 90%. I'm watching its progress charging. Thanks for your patience!!

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

If there are no lights on the openSPOT3 even if it's connected to a charger, then press the power button for at least 7 seconds for a hard reset.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

WY8E

Post by WY8E »

Hi,

I've had the same problem twice now. The OS3 simply stops working and requires a hard re-set. Is this a known issue? Should I send it back?

Thank you and 73,

Matt

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please make sure the OS3 is updated to the latest beta version (v12, which will probably become stable today).

What is the battery charge level of your OS3 when this happens?
Does any light appear when you plug it into a charger when it does not turn on?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team