Can no longer transmit from C4FM radio to D-Star

robertr64

Can no longer transmit from C4FM radio to D-Star

Post by robertr64 »

For the last few days, I'm not able to transmit from a C4FM Yaesu FT2DR radio to D-Star.
I'm receiving everything ok, and DStar to Dstar or DMR to DStar works fine. This is on D-Star reflector REF020A, but I had the same problem on others. It looks like the Openspot3 is not setting the URCALL to CQCQCQ even though I have the network box checked. Instead it comes in as a group call to ALL so no one hears it. Any other way to force it to CQCQCQ? I think I'm on firmware 12.

Bob Rodriguez - KC3LYZ

Tyrbiter

Re: Can no longer transmit from C4FM radio to D-Star

Post by Tyrbiter »

Have a look at the changes after V12 in the beta releases. There is an upcoming v17 release that might well help if there is anything related in it.
Brian

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please post a screenshot of your REF/XRF connector settings, and also a screenshot of the call log, which shows your call from the transceiver. Please make sure advanced mode is turned on before taking the screenshot.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

robertr64

Post by robertr64 »

ok, attached are the screenshots from connections and status page: It did show CQCQCQ once very briefly but reverted back to ALL. I updated to the firmware 17 beta, but it didn't help.

Bob Rodriguez - KC3LYZ
Attachments
openspot3.jpg

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Your settings are OK. The call log displays what it receives from your transceiver. Your C4FM calls are sent to the network as a D-STAR call with source callsign KC3LYZ, as you can see in the call log.

Please test the connection between your transceiver and the OS3 using the OS3's built-in local echo service. http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... calls.html
If you hear back yourself correctly, then please test the connection between your transceiver and the server by switching to REF020's module E, which is the echo module on old D-STAR servers. You should hear back yourself.
SharkRF Team

robertr64

Post by robertr64 »

The built-in OS3 echo works. I’m not hearing
anything when using REF020E

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Do you see the echo test reply in the call log? Please also try using REF001 module E.
SharkRF Team

robertr64

Post by robertr64 »

ok, this time REF020E did work. However, if I go back to A it uses ALL instead of CQCQCQ.

VK3FD

Post by VK3FD »

Having similar issue with C4FM and with DStar radio - telling me “server not found”. V17 beta. Ian VK3FD

robertr64

Post by robertr64 »

Every once in a while it works, usually after changing reflectors, but it reverts back to ALL
On the next transmission
Bob kc3lyz