Re: Can't get it to connect to my PC or phone

Post by ranger1 »

Am about done with this.
KB4OIF
John
n6cid

Post by n6cid »

Wow my eye's are bleeding from reading all those problems...:)

Here are a couple of suggestions I recommend you try.
1.) The wireless router SSID should be pretty simple like mine "N6CID-5" and the password is all in lower case without any special characters .i.e. !@#$%^&*. As for router channels the OS3 prefers channels 1, 6 and 11...Remember the OS3 only works on a 2.4ghz wifi router.

2.) I use firefox and one thing to remember is to always clear the cache before trying to connect to the OS3 for the first time when the OS3 is in AP mode (flashing white) only.

Since you have an OS2 you are already familiar with the setup procedure and you shouldn't be having all these problems.

Should you decide to give up you'll need to email the SharkRF guy's at: info@sharkrf.com

Hope this helps...
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

Hello N6CID. the password for my router is all lower case and no special characters. I always use 2.4 G . It's using channel 11. I will try the clearing the cache thing now.
KB4OIF
John
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

http://openspot3.local/#connecting. Gets to here and stops. Green and yellow lights = Null. not going to connect.

HA2NON have not seen you post anything recently.
KB4OIF
John
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

Is it possible to set a static address on your router by linking it to the MAC address of the OS3? You can find that on the label underneath it, the router should have some settings where it can bind a MAC address to a fixed IP address.

Another thing to check is that there is no MAC address filtering enabled on the router's WiFi.
Brian G8SEZ
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

ranger1 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:36 pm http://openspot3.local/#connecting. Gets to here and stops. Green and yellow lights = Null. not going to connect.

HA2NON have not seen you post anything recently.
Weekend, he's out of the office.

Do you know anyone local who could help you with this, maybe using a remote access client like Teamviewer?
Brian G8SEZ
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

Nobody local. do have a contact in MI. but he is so busy,it's hard to catch up with him. He does teamviewer. he has done it on my machine quite a few times. He said his knowledge of the open spot is very minimal.
KB4OIF
John
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

Well, I have just spent a couple of minutes looking at the manual again and I can confirm that to have yellow/green LEDs means that you have a WiFi connection (it must have the required credentials to have connected to the router's WiFi) and the null connector is active.

The problem is entirely to do with networking, which makes me wonder about the router as I cannot find a manual for it on the net, I imagine it is a special version for Cox.

From what I have seen of the Cox help pages it should be possible to see a list of connected devices.

The only other thing I can think of is that the OS3 has connected to another WiFi network other than yours. Is that a possibility with neighbours etc?

One other thing, stick to Firefox or Chrome, the openSPOTs don't get on with Edge at all.
Brian G8SEZ
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

I talked to Cox care. i.e. tech support for the router. He looked at things and checked a few things ask a bunch of questions. Had me try some things too. Said the router was doing what it is supposed to do. Don't think it could be a neighbor network. but you never know.
KB4OIF
John
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

> my open spot 2 ip has 44. on the end. My OS 3 has 147 on the end. subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

If you type 192.168.0.44 into Chrome's address bar and hit return, what happens? Do you see the openSPOT2 web interface?
Brian G8SEZ