Can't get it to connect to my PC or phone

ranger1

Re: Can't get it to connect to my PC or phone

Post by ranger1 »

Done for the day. been at it since 5 AM this morning.
KB4OIF
John
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

Ok. up early. No matter what I try it times out. As stated earlier, I get a message that you must be sign into this network to access the internet. Can someone explain that to me.
KB4OIF
John
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

ranger1 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:46 am Ok. up early. No matter what I try it times out. As stated earlier, I get a message that you must be sign into this network to access the internet. Can someone explain that to me.
Is there any chance you can post a screen shot of this message, the window it appears in and anything else relevant? It sounds like something to do with a captive portal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_portal
Brian G8SEZ
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

Screenshot_2020-06-07 openSPOT3 [openspot3](1).png
Screenshot_2020-06-07 openSPOT3 [openspot3](1).png (2.84 KiB) Viewed 542 times
Screenshot_2020-06-07 openSPOT3 [openspot3].png
KB4OIF
John
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

It's not part of the page. It is just above where the blue OPEN SPOT 3 banner. The other side says network log in page. When i click on it, it goes to a MSN news page.
KB4OIF
John
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

ranger1 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:30 pm It's not part of the page. It is just above where the blue OPEN SPOT 3 banner. The other side says network log in page. When i click on it, it goes to a MSN news page.
OK, can you screenshot the whole screen?
Brian G8SEZ
n6cid

Post by n6cid »

Check this out I took from another support site which might help you out. Skip to about 26 minutes of blah blah blah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-cQ3XR ... pp=desktop
Last edited by n6cid on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n6cid

Post by n6cid »

Another one which might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bp5q1K-MU
ranger1

Post by ranger1 »

Brian. Tried to do the whole thing but it only got the open spot 3 logo. I do notice something. when i set the spot to go into AP mode 9 3 second push) , I click on it. that is when I see the message. the odd thing is my internet goes off on my pc without me doing anything. Instead of a wifi symbol, it turns into a globe with a dot in it. When I put my cursor over it, it says OS no internet. If I close that out it goes back to a wifi symbol.
KB4OIF
John
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

ranger1 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:10 pm Brian. Tried to do the whole thing but it only got the open spot 3 logo. I do notice something. when i set the spot to go into AP mode 9 3 second push) , I click on it. that is when I see the message. the odd thing is my internet goes off on my pc without me doing anything. Instead of a wifi symbol, it turns into a globe with a dot in it. When I put my cursor over it, it says OS no internet. If I close that out it goes back to a wifi symbol.
You will lose internet when connected to the OS3 AP, that is expected, but you need to stay on it to allow the setup to be done. The PC doesn't understand what you're doing with the OS3 which is why it shows you the globe symbol.

I would still like to see a full screenshot, but I don't know exactly how you can get one. Hang on...

Try this:

"To capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder."

Now, are you using Firefox? If so, read this page:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1205750

You can try the suggestion on the about:config page.

Be very careful when doing it, but ignore the initial warning and click to continue. Only change the one setting mentioned and see if that helps. Something is behaving like a captive portal, hence the requirement to login and the loss of internet connectivity, it could be a bug in your router or maybe something that Firefox is misinterpreting.
Brian G8SEZ