DMR Question

VK3MTV

Re: DMR Question

Post by VK3MTV »

I appreciate your help.....but. The openspot3 does not save my settings. No matter what I do. I use an Anytone 878 for DMR if I want to use that radio.

I use an Icom ID51 if I want to use my D-Star radio.

I want to make TG505 a static TG on DMR.

I use the VKHOTSPOT server when I use quick connect to use DMR regardless of what radio I use. It then asks me for a secondary server, I put in 4800.

I make changes to the make TG 505 static and I push every save button on that page.

It does not save.
I don't know what else I can do.....It does not save my settings.I can't explain it any simpler than that.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

If you use the Quick Setup, then your DMRplus options will be erased.

Please post a video which shows the issue.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
VK3MTV

Post by VK3MTV »

HA2NON wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:39 am If you use the Quick Setup, then your DMRplus options will be erased.

So, For me to make TG505 a static TG, I have to use the connections page to make this happen? I then have to return to the connections page each time I wish to connect to DMR? What is the point of saving the settings then.....I have obviously missed something here.

If I wanted to use TG505 from Quick Set Up, then TG505 is a dynamic TG?

I am obviously not understanding.
I am not posting a video.
I just want to know why I cannot save a TG as a static TG.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

If you want to set a static TG on an IPSC server, then you have to go to the Connectors page, Homebrew/MMDVM connector settings, DMRplus options section, enable the DMRplus options checkbox, enter the TG ID to the "Static TG TS1 #1" line, then scroll up to the Homebrew/MMDVM title row and click on the Save button to save it. The openSPOT3 will automatically reconnect to the server (if it has been active) and send the static TG link request to it.

A video would help us understand what you mean by it's not saving (we've tried these and it always saves the DMRplus options for us).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
VK3MTV

Post by VK3MTV »

HA2NON wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:07 am If you want to set a static TG on an IPSC server, then you have to go to the Connectors page, Homebrew/MMDVM connector settings, DMRplus options section, enable the DMRplus options checkbox, enter the TG ID to the "Static TG TS1 #1" line, then scroll up to the Homebrew/MMDVM title row and click on the Save button to save it. The openSPOT3 will automatically reconnect to the server (if it has been active) and send the static TG link request to it.

Thank you for trying to help me.....This is exactly what I do. However if I turn off Openspot 3, and come back the next day, the settings are gone.

Are you saying that once I have saved the settings as described above, I have to come back to the Connectors page and connect to the server from there? Not on Quick Set up?

My question is.....If I have saved the configuration as you have said above, why can I not go back to the Quick Set Up page and connect to say a D-Star reflector, then come back to the Quick Set Up page and connect to the DMR System I have previously saved with TG??? saved as a static TG?
This is when I say the openspot does not save my settings.....What am I missing?

Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

I think you are misinterpreting what your actions are doing.

If you need a consistent setting you use often then save it as a profile and change to the appropriate profile as needed.

Quick setup erases lots of settings when you use it, it is generally there for making significant changes in a guided manner for a rough but working setup but without saving them. Once you have something you want then you save it to a new profile that can be recalled when required.
Brian G8SEZ
VK3MTV

Post by VK3MTV »

Tyrbiter wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 pm I think you are misinterpreting what your actions are doing.

You're probably right. I just had the misguided assumption that when you pushed the save settings button it would probably save......until the next time. Oh well.
I would love to save a profile but I had such a crap time trying to get the thing to actually work at all on my home wifi I think I might just cut my losses and use it as it is.

Thank you for offering your assistance. I think its a great piece of equipment but I am am not knowledgeable enough to understand its intricacies. It's beaten me.
All the best.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

I've just tried the following:

- Opened the Homebrew/MMDVM connector settings
- Switched the protocol mode to MMDVM
- Selected a server (I chose IPSC2-DL-HOTSPO but this does not matter)
- Checked the "Use DMRplus options" checkbox
- Set TS1 TG #1 to 505
- Clicked on the Save button in the Homebrew/MMDVM title row
- Activated the Homebrew/MMDVM connector by clicking on the Switch to selected button at the top of the Connectors page
- Powered off the openSPOT3
- Powered on the openSPOT3

DMRplus options is still enabled, and TS1 TG #1 is still 505 after the reboot.
Please do the same procedure as I did and report if it keeps this setting.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
VK3MTV

Post by VK3MTV »

HA2NON wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:13 pm
Please do the same procedure as I did and report if it keeps this setting.
I will try this setting........BUT I just wanted to report that I had set the DMR settings as described yesterday....and what do you know?........the DMR settings didn't save.

I will copy what you did and see what happens.
VK3MTV

Post by VK3MTV »

I am not convinced. Why does this thing not save the DMR Static TG's for longer than a day? If it can save my callsign, my wifi, my dmr id and my d-star ID why can it not keep my TG saved? I actually have given up trying. I will just use it as I normally do and not worry about TG's timing out. I like the OS3, but this issue is irritating.