Placed OS on new network... no Brandmeister Manager

Dougga

Placed OS on new network... no Brandmeister Manager

Post by Dougga »

The Brandmeister Manager button on the web interface is not showing.
The radio is receiving all Brandmeister traffic but without the BM button, I cannot manage anything.

This is puzzling.

Note: because of security issues described on another thread, I place the OpenSpot on a dedicated network and am managing it from a Raspberry Pi + Firefox. I assume this is central to this problem.

Another detail: With this setup, the 'sharkrf.link' does not work in the browser and using the ip address alone, I do not get the same interface as I did under windows. It begins to load the light blue SharkRF interface with the 'connect' button near the bottom. Before completely loading this page, it switches to the dark mode interface of the openSPOT UI but without the Brandmeister Manager button. Also, under the Network tab it says "Internet Connection Quality: (Not Available)."
Dougga

Re: Placed OS on new network... no Brandmeister Manager

Post by Dougga »

Odd....the Brandmeister Manager button magically returned, but the configuration listed on the web UI is not accurate. I have hundreds of static talk groups in France but they are not listed. They are coming through on the radio, however.

Further, going to the Brandmeister.network web page, there is nothing listed under "My Hotspots".

This software appears to be seriously buggy, but it's anyone's guess where the root cause lies.
N1IG

Post by N1IG »

Dougga wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:06 am ...

I have hundreds of static talk groups in France but they are not listed. They are coming through on the radio, however.
you have hundreds of static talk groups connected at the same time?
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The BrandMeister Manager button appears only when the Homebrew/MMDVM connector is connected to a BrandMeister server.

What sharkrf.link does is it forwards your browser to the openSPOT3's local IP address. If the openSPOT3 is on a separate dedicated network other than what your browser device (phone/tablet/computer) is on, and there is no routing between these network, then you won't be able to use sharkrf.link to open the web interface.

If you have issues with the brandmeister.network interface, then please contact the support of the BrandMeister Network.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team