Sending APRS-Data

DF2DD

Sending APRS-Data

Post by DF2DD »

I have problems in sending APRS-Data
APRS.jpg
These settings will not work ... I am not moving when I walk around.

My FT3D ist set according to

http://manuals.sharkrf.com/openspot3/en ... l#page-top

Any ideas? Tnx

vy 73 de Carsten
DF2DD
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Sending APRS-Data

Post by HA2NON »

Does your transceiver transmit it's location to the server periodically? If not, then your transceiver will not show up on the APRS map.

Also if you are manually transmitting then make sure you press the PTT for at least 2-3 seconds to allow time for the transceiver to transmit it's location to the server.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
DF2DD

Post by DF2DD »

HA2NON wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:09 pm Does your transceiver transmit it's location to the server periodically? If not, then your transceiver will not show up on the APRS map.
Ohhh, how may this work? I do not know.
HA2NON wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:09 pm Also if you are manually transmitting then make sure you press the PTT for at least 2-3 seconds to allow time for the transceiver to transmit it's location to the server.
OK
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

I don't know if the FT3D supports periodic location transmit. Check the user manual (not the APRS periodic location transmit - the transceiver needs to send the location in the C4FM data stream).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
DF2DD

Post by DF2DD »

This is done
sending.jpg
sending.jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 477 times
How do I manage to get the FT3 send periodicly and not manually?
DF2DD

Post by DF2DD »

HA2NON wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:20 pm I don't know if the FT3D supports periodic location transmit. Check the user manual (not the APRS periodic location transmit - the transceiver needs to send the location in the C4FM data stream).
TNX
N1IG

Post by N1IG »

pretty sure the radio only sends out position info when you PTT in digital mode. it may send out periodic positions in analog APRS mode, but that won't work through the OS3.