No Joy, factory reset

beachbum

No Joy, factory reset

Post by beachbum »

I just don't understand where my problem is...trying to start over after reset.

On Win10, network status, show available networks, openspot3ap, connect. Shows connected to openspot3, no internet, "open". (also the ethernet connection to computer is connected, with internet access.) white led is on steady (after blinking rapidly for about 20 seconds initializing, then slowly until connected)
No initial web setup comes up; using sharkrf link it "times out" trying to connect; Using the ip address in the manual, same result, times out trying to connect.

I decided to reset because I had been unable to configure it correctly originally. I have the Win10 desktop, and my android phone hotspot. At one point, I had the app working correctly, using both this same desktop web interface, and, when away from home, using the android hotspot web interface. Both worked fine, independently, but I originally configured wrong (for me). At some point, I was no longer able to connect to desktop, only able to use the hotspot. I need to use the hotspot as primary connection, and automatically try to connect to desktop if hotspot not found. It is not clear to me how "profiles" are best used. I have no need to access anything other than one desktop and one hotspot.

I'm using an Icom 92AD, and really enjoy the ease of portability of the OS3. While I had no problem connecting and switching between REFlectors, and also C4FM (when I had the OS3 working previously), I am completely lost with DMR. It seems there are multiple pages that need variables input. This might make sense to those already familiar with DMR, but I am clueless. Maybe it is just because I am used to only the DStar system, but DMR is very confusing. Our local club has recently added a couple of DMR repeaters that I would like to access. A step by step guide, perhaps identifying a couple generally active talkgroups for easy confirmation of settings would sure be helpful...

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: No Joy, factory reset

Post by HA2NON »

An example for using profiles would be setting up different connector in each profile and switch between them using your transceiver.

If you want to talk on a DMR repeater then first you have to find out which network and which talkgroup they have linked, and then connect to the same network, and link the same talkgroup (by setting the "Route cross mode calls to ID" setting in the Homebrew/MMDVM connector settings).
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
beachbum

Post by beachbum »

OK, but I still cannot get to the web interface at this point...
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

What status LED color do you see on the device?
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
beachbum

Post by beachbum »

Slow pulsing white. I then "show all available networks", select the openspot3, click connect, then shows steady white. Even though the "show all.." indicates "open, no internet" for the os3, I get no initialization screen; clicking on sharkrf link and entering UID "times out"; and entering the ip from the sharkrf manual also times out.
I am using Firefox.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

If the LED is white then sharkrf.link won't work, because white LED means the openSPOT3 is broadcasting it's Wi-Fi network called "openSPOT3 AP". Connect your browser device (phone/tablet/computer) to this Wi-Fi network.

Make sure your browser device stays connected to the "openSPOT3 AP" Wi-Fi network. Some devices automatically connect back to the previous Wi-Fi network if they detect that no internet connection is available.

If your browser device is connected to the "openSPOT3 AP" Wi-Fi network, and it does not automatically open the initialization setup, then enter http://192.168.99.1/ into the browser. This IP address is only active while the status LED is white.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
beachbum

Post by beachbum »

Sorry, unable to get the initialization screen or the web interface at all on my desktop, even though i have done "factory reset" twice. I have read and reread the manual sections on connecting to wifi, and followed through countless times. It should be connected if the LED is steady white, correct? But at that point, I cannot get to web interface. I also have never had the "initialization" open automatically as it should immediately after the factory reset, correct? What am I overlooking?
beachbum

Post by beachbum »

I spent some more time with this today, still not able to get web interface up. I went through the factory reset process again. Then I turned off my adblockers. I first tried Firefox, then tried a different browser (Chrome). Both had the same results:

After viewing available connections, and clicking on "connect", my desktop network settings now show OpenSpot3 AP connected. The white status led is on steady.

http://192.168.99.1/ times out, regardless of how many times I "try again". White led remains steady.
No initialization screen has appeared.

Does the factory reset NOT restore to "out of the box" status? When I first got it and set it up, it DID open the initialization page, but I have never seen that since. I remember using the Sharkrf link to get my phone hotspot working, and that went smoothly at that time as well.

The only thing that has changed was a fairly recent "update" to the OS3 prior to performing the factory reset. I did notice at the time of the update, that the "data" update would not complete. In fact, it took several attempts to complete the firmware update as well. It would show progress to a certain %, then go back to the "tools" page showing "update available", with the same file ID as the prior partial attempts. The firmware update did finally complete, as the "update available" only showed for the data file after the firmware completion.