DMR color code

AI7HL

DMR color code

Post by AI7HL »

Even though I set my color code to 1 in my openSPOT3 settings, the networks I am connecting to see me as using color code 0. This is happening with both Brandmeister and TGIF. They show me as using color code 0 in spite of the fact my color code is set to 1 in my openSPOT3.

Why?
Tyrbiter

Re: DMR color code

Post by Tyrbiter »

Because CC is used as an equivalent to a CTCSS tone, for deconflicting systems on a common frequency.

There is no need, and no provision, to pass the CC through the network side of the system, it is limited to the RF side only.
Brian G8SEZ
AI7HL

Re: DMR color code

Post by AI7HL »

Tyrbiter wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:15 pm Because CC is used as an equivalent to a CTCSS tone, for deconflicting systems on a common frequency.

There is no need, and no provision, to pass the CC through the network side of the system, it is limited to the RF side only.
Makes sense. Interesting that the tech support at TGIF didn't know that. They specifically said that the color code was my problem. But also knew I was coming in via hotspot.

And of course... it turned out that the color code was *not* the reason for my problem. So there is that.

Thanks for your help.