PLEASE reinstate the openspot 1

g6urm

PLEASE reinstate the openspot 1

Post by g6urm »

hi - firstly let me say i love my open spot 1 - well worth the money - but why oh why have they discontinued it ?? - several folks here have said they want one - but now its all mk 3 and WIFI - some of us don't need or want WIFI - we like the direct connection - we like the external antenna connection - so PEASE shark RF - bring back the mk 1 - i will certainly buy another ! - and there still IS imo a market for the mk 1 !!

maybe the makers could enlighten us - or point to where there may still be stock?? - thanks

de G6URM
K7GDM

Re: PLEASE reinstate the openspot 1

Post by K7GDM »

I'm new to this group and have been looking for a way to have my Open Spot 1 actually find and access the listed websites in order to continue setting up this blue box. I received a reply that only covered what was not working; the sites as listed in the manual and online at other locations are just not accessible for setup.

I realize its been 4 years since you posted this topic, OS 1, but I'd like to ask you how you were able to access the setup sites? I'm in the U.S. and am now wondering if those sites are European Intranet or if they are Internet? I can only say for a fact that they are dead. No pinging success and so forth. The manual says we may have to use their IP address to gain access but oddly enough, no IP address is forthcoming. If you still know how you did it and are willing to share your experience, I'd sure be in your debt.

Thx from Montana,
Dave McCracken
k7gdm
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please continue this discussion in the other thread you've posted this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4937&p=23194#p23194
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
flashgordon1952

Post by flashgordon1952 »

Reinstate The OPENSPOT ONE !

I totally agree on this ,not everyone wants wi fi connections and cable connections are much safer and better connection than wi fi I have had mine now for two years and works great . I would like to see Shark RF produce another cheaper version of the OPENSPOT 3 and continue with cabled connected OPENSPOT . The costs of the OPENSPOT 3 in my view is too excessive compared with the others in the market £260+ is excessive in my view for what is basically a wi fi connected digital Amateur radio .

Please bring in a more basic model for 2021.

2E1GAD
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

HA2NON wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:19 am Please continue this discussion in the other thread you've posted this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4937&p=23194#p23194
Sir,
this thread that your refer everyone to seems irrelevant to the topic of why the original shark RF is no longer supported

I was here tonight hoping to see an update, I love my openspot but sadly it is having issues

seems a pi star device is the way to go, I am sorry but I will not spend $300 USD for a product that you will abandon
I've got your DMR #
http://dmr.boards.net/
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please explain your issues and we'll help.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
AA1PR

Post by AA1PR »

HA2NON wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:09 am Please explain your issues and we'll help.
the link you refer folks to several posts above is irrelevant to the topic of why the original device isnt supported

I kindly ask is there any way to do one last update to the openspot 1 so we can access prime.tgif.network in the list of possible connections

thanks
mike
I've got your DMR #
http://dmr.boards.net/
DaveKY

Post by DaveKY »

I was looking into adding that to my openspot 1 also a few months back but got busy with other things. I did find some good info at a couple of places.

https://tgifnetwork.createaforum.com/ho ... -for-tgif/

and

https://prime.tgif.network/help.php

Good luck.