Can OpenSpot connect to DMR TAC310?

W5hj

Re: Can OpenSpot connect to DMR TAC310?

Post by W5hj »

What is the other feature other than auto connect that keeps you connected?
Hank W5HJ 73
W2SJW

Post by W2SJW »

Auto-correct will link you to a TG or reflector automatically on boot up. The other option keeps you linked to the current connection by sending a quick data burst to the master to let it know you are still there. That interval is adjustable.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6
Scott, W2SJW
wb5nia

Post by wb5nia »

Hank, isn't Oklahoma Statewide static on the repeater? If you are going through the repeater, you shouldn't have to keyup to keep it active. If using the openSpot to access the OK talkgroup, all the US talkgroups are static on hotspots, so you shouldn't have to keyup to keep it active.

I don't have an openSpot (yet), but the above is the way I understand that it works.

Bob - WB5NIA
W5hj

Post by W5hj »

Oklahoma is static on the 2 Brandmeister repeaters currently in operation in the OKC area by request of the repeater owners. All other statewides are dynamic and so it should be since you are not connecting through a repeater but directly into the net with Openspot for all statewide TG's including Oklahoma.
Hank W5HJ 73
W5hj

Post by W5hj »

"The other option keeps you linked to the current connection by sending a quick data burst to the master to let it know you are still there."

Still not sure what you mean by the other option? What is it called? How do you program it in the Openspot web interface?
Hank W5HJ 73
W2SJW

Post by W2SJW »

It's kind of difficult to see on mobile (that's all I can access right now), but when you activate the 'advanced mode' check box, you will see features for auto connection & 'keep alive' near the bottom of that option list.

Auto-connect to a group ID links you to a TG directly. Doing it to a private ID connects you to the same reflectors used by the DV4Mini (it's done that way because the device also allows connection to the DMR-Plus network, and that only uses reflectors).

The 'keep alive' feature what just added recently in a FW upgrade. You will have to read the online manual here to figure out exactly how it works (as I mentioned before, I don't use it as I sit on 3100 all the time until I have a friend ask me to move off to our statewide).

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6
Scott, W2SJW