Radioddity GD77 / OpenSpot Users?

KG7HQ

Radioddity GD77 / OpenSpot Users?

Post by KG7HQ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Hello Team,
I have been working with Norbert trying to get my GD77 to work with my Openspot. So far, the only success I have had is with DMR ID 9999 where I get a successful echo. From this single success, I'm making the assumption that the radio xmit/rec audio/Openspot modem/Internet throughput are all working.
My problem is when I'm trying to use any other TG. I'm connected through the Brandmeister network and have focused my effort on a specific TG (103153) which I can monitor from a web-based reflector. I hear traffic on it which has verified that the channel is good. I have tried to transmit from the GD77 having the result of not hearing a thing on the reflector. Using the Openspot web interface I see the packet to the TG goes out but nothing is heard through the reflector nor do I get any users coming back through my connection.
The request here is to have anyone who is successfully using their GD77, with the Openspot, to share their radio and Openspot configs. I'm suspecting that my problem is my radio config.

Note: As a public shout-out... Norbert has been very accommodating in his efforts to help me which is why I'm thinking I have a radio setup issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance,
Michael - KG7HQ

Tyrbiter

Re: Radioddity GD77 / OpenSpot Users?

Post by Tyrbiter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm

If you can get a copy of Wireshark running and you have access to the local network that the openSPOT is on then you should be able to see the details of the packets being sent out and received by the openSPOT. Coupled with the USB debug capability that should help you with identifying what is happening.
Brian

KG7HQ

Post by KG7HQ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Hello Team,
With a little help, I found the door cause of my issue and it didn't have to do with the radio. I had all the radio and Openspot settings correct less one specific item... The server.
I had logged into Brandmeister as the server and was attempting to connect to a TG that t resided on a different network. What I didn't realize it's that the different DMR networks are not fully integrated resulting in only some of the talk groups being bridged.
The TG's I need resided on the PNW network with many not being bridged. By activating the advance features on Openspot, I was able to enter in the correct server and everything came alive.
So the lesson here is that the new user needs to identify what is needed to interface into their local DMR networks.

Michael - KG7HQ

DaveH

Post by DaveH » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:28 am

I can't connect to 103153 either. What server did you end up using?

Thanks,
Dave
K7MTD

WA6NQW

Post by WA6NQW » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 pm

See this website for further information:

http://www.trbo.org/pnw/mmdvm.html

Read their other stuff and decide for yourself.

Roberteod

Post by Roberteod » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm

It took me awhile to get my GD77 to connect to DMR via the openspot. I had to make a contact and channel for each talk group and it works well. I also have a separate zone for my openspot.