Private talk groups with 3 ham in different sites

Sozi81

Private talk groups with 3 ham in different sites

Post by Sozi81 »

Hello,
I am considering to buy this nice Openspot but before i would like to ask you:
is it possible to host a private channel?

I mean, can I run a DMR talkgroup with the openspot to which my friends can access from everywhere (without having the openspot but just throught a DSTAR / DMR repeater?)

thnanks

oh3nfc

Re: Private talk groups with 3 ham in different sites

Post by oh3nfc »

https://github.com/sharkrf/srf-ip-conn-srv is suitable for that purpose. BrandMeister talk groups are not private and the conversation is recorded, even ad-hoc groups get recorded.

If you end up using the IP-Connector-Protocol-Server use the applied Docker file, it is the most easy way to get the server up and running.

73 de Veijo

Sozi81

Post by Sozi81 »

Hi,
so to recap: I buy an hotspot - connect it constantly and for ever to a computer (?) (or not?) and I will run the server. So everyone I invite (from every part of the world) to join can have access even if they do not have the hotspot (just through a repeater DMR)(but not DSTAR).

Is this right?

73 de IZ0JOJ

thanks

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

openSPOT does not need a computer to operate. The protocol is open source, but we don't know about any other implementation, so only openSPOT can connect to a SharkRF IP Connector server. This means others will also need openSPOTs.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

vocoder

Post by vocoder »

oh3nfc wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 am
https://github.com/sharkrf/srf-ip-conn-srv is suitable for that purpose. BrandMeister talk groups are not private and the conversation is recorded, even ad-hoc groups get recorded.

If you end up using the IP-Connector-Protocol-Server use the applied Docker file, it is the most easy way to get the server up and running.

73 de Veijo
oh3nfc

I have what might be a stupid question. In your post you reference using the Dockerfile to install the SharkRF IP Connector Protocol server. To use the Dockerfile you must first be running Docker on your system, correct? Docker technology is new to me. I just want to make sure I have this straight in my head. I have the SharkRF IP Connector Protocol server running on a Raspberry Pi 3, and it's working great, but it would be fun to run it in a Docker container. ;)

Thanks
Mike

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

Try this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt -y install git
sudo apt -y install docker
git clone git@github.com:sharkrf/srf-ip-conn-srv.git
cd srf-ip-conn-srv/
sudo docker build -t srf-ip-conn-srv .
cd dashboard/
sudo docker build -t srf-ip-conn-srv-dashboard .
sudo docker run -d -p 80:80 --rm -v /tmp:/tmp srf-ip-conn-srv-dashboard
sudo docker run -d -p 65100:65100/udp --rm -v /tmp:/tmp srf-ip-conn-srv

gw3atz

Post by gw3atz »

Hi Viejo..............Have used your docker script to put server on new pi. However after installing docker, and running the line "sudo docker build ...." etc. I get back "docker not found" from the pi. Any thoughts..

Geoff GW3ATZ

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

gw3atz wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 am
Hi Viejo..............Have used your docker script to put server on new pi. However after installing docker, and running the line "sudo docker build ...." etc. I get back "docker not found" from the pi. Any thoughts..

Geoff GW3ATZ
Try this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt -y remove docker
sudo apt -y install docker.io

gw3atz

Post by gw3atz »

Hi Veijo..............Thanks for reply. That fixed it so docker now runs. I now get a "Exec format error" part way through the process, and it stops. As its going on a pi zero as a test, its not a problem that it doesn't work at the moment.

Cheers................Geoff GW3ATZ

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

You welcome. Now I cannot help further. I do have a Raspberry Pi somewhere in a box but I haven't run it for a long time.

Cheers de Veijo