Linking and Unlinking - Dstar

Tim

Linking and Unlinking - Dstar

Post by Tim » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 am

Hello all,

I have been enjoying the openspot since the "catastrophic operator error" was resolved. (thanks Norbert). Now I have another question which I'm sure has been discussed here in the past...
How does one unlink from a Reflector from the radio? I can link and unlink without problem on the web interface, but can't seem to make it happen from the radio.

Help/advice appreciated

Tim, KM4MWE
Tim, KM4MWE

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Linking and Unlinking - Dstar

Post by HA2NON » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:12 am

According to the user manual: As openSPOT is designed to be always connected, the unlink (U) command is not interpreted. If you really want to disconnect, you can switch to a config profile which has the Null connector activated.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:57 am

Yeah, I read that the "u" won''t unlink the unit, however, if I read it right, if I initiate a call on another reflector it should change. When I do that the radio announces that I'm connected to the new location, but the status light blinks fast red and won't connect. Again, not sure what or if I'm doing something wrong.

Tim, KM4MWE
Tim, KM4MWE

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:37 pm

If you can't switch reflectors from your radio then please turn on DNS server override on the Settings page, network settings section.
SharkRF Team

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Norbert,

I appreciate the help! I'll change this setting as soon as I get home.

Again, thanks
Tim, KM4MWE
Tim, KM4MWE

kd6elk

Post by kd6elk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:09 pm

This used to work for me quite well but as of late when connected to reflector 004c and changing from the radio to another reflector I get the unlinked command from 004c but no re connect the only way to re connect to 004c is to do it form the web interface. I can disconnect from 004c and connect to another reflector and connect to other reflectors but when wanting to return to 004c it will not connect unless using the web interface page.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 pm

Please turn on DNS server override on the Settings page, network settings section.
SharkRF Team