Status Page activity?

wy1z

Status Page activity?

Post by wy1z » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:10 pm

In viewing the Status Page of my OpenSpot, it shows nearly no activity. I can make a call on, for example TAC310, see my callsign, and get a response from the TG I sound fine.

But I thought, or was hoping, the Status Page would show activity similar to Hoseline - always getting updated with Talk Groups and people associated with the TGs.

My radio can be off but the OS is always on.

Am I missing the capability of the OS Status Page? It is running the latest - firmware 1.4.1.

Thank you.

Scott, WY1Z, Boston, MA

zelthian

Re: Status Page activity?

Post by zelthian » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:51 pm

The status page will only show activity relative to your openSPOT. That is, it will only show activity from your radio to the openSPOT, and activity from the server back to the openSPOT directly.

Said another way, specific to DMR: The status page will only show activity on TGs that are ACTIVE on the openSPOT. It will not show you all activity on all TGs, nor would you want it to. There would be too much!

If you want to see activity on other TGs, you need to activate those TGs on your openSPOT.

wy1z

Re: Status Page activity?

Post by wy1z » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I appreciate that clarification. Makes perfect sense, but worth asking if it was possible :-)