Number of static talk groups?

zelthian

Re: Number of static talk groups?

Post by zelthian » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:37 pm

PA3BZT wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm
Interesting. Does this mean that the talk groups in your “BM ALL” list are all Made static in your Brandmeister dashboard setting?
No no no... My BM ALL RG isn't about having a lot of TGs all active or static at once; It's about being lazy... erm, efficient, with my radio channel programming. :)

PA3BZT

Post by PA3BZT » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:32 pm

zelthian wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:37 pm
No no no... My BM ALL RG isn't about having a lot of TGs all active or static at once; It's about being lazy... erm, efficient, with my radio channel programming. :)
Hmm, I am lost now.
THow can you hear the TG’s in the RX Group that you assigned to each channel?

PA3BZT

Post by PA3BZT » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:33 pm

zelthian wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Hmm, I am lost now.
How can you hear the TG’s in the RX Group that you assigned to each channel?

zelthian

Post by zelthian » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:41 pm

PA3BZT wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:33 pm
Hmm, I am lost now.
How can you hear the TG’s in the RX Group that you assigned to each channel?
You may find, as I do, that, occasionally, a TG starts to dominate your hotspot with a conversation between two hams that are having a conversation that doesn't interest you, and you'd like to free up your hotspot to allow other TGs a chance to get through. Thus, you'd "remove" that TG from your hotspot. For how long is up to you.

Just because you have a TG in your RX group doesn't mean you HAVE to have that TG active on your hotspot all the time, or, technically, ever. But it's there in your RX group if you ever want/need to have that TG active.

So, the overall concepts are: Have whatever TGs you want active on your hotspot. You control this at your whim, based on whatever criteria you choose. You have all your possible desired TGs in your RX group to make programming easier; you don't have to worry about which RX group to assign to your hotspot/Brandmeister channels, as the one group has all TGs. The two concepts are related, but different.