OpenSpot LAN with PoE and CellPhone??

ApipApip

OpenSpot LAN with PoE and CellPhone??

Post by ApipApip » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Good Job!!!!

1. There is a possibility to have an exit on the RJ45 PoE to power an external PoE router WIFI via OpenSpot ethernet port?

2.Too bad there is not a WiFi or BT inside, you should still put cables and power as to function must be connected to the network. Otherwise it loses its portability for example in the car or on vacation where there are no outlets lan using a simple cellPhone as internet connection AP for Wifi or 3G/4G. With portable or mobile system is not always available RJ or an internet ISP than that on inside their mobile phone.

3.To use this / P, how can you use it with an Android phone? through the USB port, or you're forced to have an external WiFi AP that face between OpenSpot and the Mobile Phone?

4.How do TG are changed? With radio TG Group or simple CALL on demande then TG9 Always for to connect openspot?

5.Is available on the C4FM to join international rooms exemple Italy?

Interesting system, congratulations!
Regard's

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: OpenSpot LAN with PoE and CellPhone??

Post by HA2NON » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:01 am

Dear ApipApip,

PoE is not supported. You can use the USB port to power openSPOT. You have to use an external Wi-Fi adapter like these to be able to use it over Wi-Fi:

http://www.tp-link.com/sa/products/deta ... R3020.html
http://routerboard.com/RBmAP2n
http://routerboard.com/RBmAPL-2nD

Talkgroups, reflectors can be changed by starting a short call to the DMR ID, then you can talk to TG9. You can join C4FM rooms of course.

73s
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

HA7JUQ

Post by HA7JUQ » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello!
Another option:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150Mbps-Wireles ... SwEK9T2KsS

73 DX ! ha7juq

ApipApip

Post by ApipApip » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:33 pm

HI All

also what it costs very little could work?

Pity it is not already built into Openspot ...

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/New-150M-Wireles ... Sws4JW7MKs

OR THIS:

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/New-VONETS-MINI3 ... SwZd1VZqs4

These work to connect with mobile OpenSpot ???

With a small powerbank you still have a mobile / portable "system". :o :o :o SUPER!

Using it with your mobile phone as a gateway WIfI<>3G-LTE, as is the stability if you lose the bm OR fcs LINK signal?
Interesting to know whether OpenSpot automatically reconnects to the BM or, as for the DV4mini you lose colegamente until manual intervention?

73'S

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 am

Dear ApipApip,

I think the second one is able to connect openSPOT to Wi-Fi networks.

openSPOT reconnects automatically to all networks, no manual intervention needed.

73s
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

n3gwg

Post by n3gwg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:58 pm

ALCON,

I am curious if anyone has actually tested these bridging devices and knows if they will work with with the openSPOT? I am interested obtain an openSPOT, though a lack of understanding on this issue would not stop me, I was told by HAM in the US you were adding WiFi capability to the openSPOT itself? If so, perhaps I should wait to order one.

Stuart, N3GWG

ApipApip

Post by ApipApip » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Yes.... here.... VONETS 300 without problem and buyed for only 8US$!

The Vonets read also many automatic memory for multiconfig, then when inside is autoconnect to HOME WIFI, in mobile the autoconnect is on the 4G...without any intervention!!!!

and all standalone used in DMR and FUSION with multi mode as crossmode using a simple FT1D for C4FM and DMR brandmeister o DMR+... spectacular!

Thanks to SharkRF! And Norbert for the software: great usefull device!

regard's
Last edited by ApipApip on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n3gwg

Post by n3gwg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Forum members:

I have just transmitted an epistle (via eBay) to one of the some several sellers of this product: "300Mbps NEXX Wireless Mini NAS Router AP Reapeater Range Extender Travel Router" to find out if it indeed has the bridging capability. If so, the combination of two Ethernet ports and a built in NAS and AP functionality seem to make it a much better choice for a mere $5 or so more in cost. I did notice there is a "F" and a "H" model, so I am not yet sure what the difference is between the two.

Although I do stand in the absence of the openSPOT as yet, I can certainly test such functionality on my desktop computer by plugging it into the Ethernet port and disabling the built in WiFi. If network access remains persistent, then I will report back that the device indeed is capable of provisioning bridge functionality.

Stuart,N3GWG

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:03 am

That's working like charm! The Huawei E5770 LTE Wifi mobile hotspot in conjunction with the OpenSpot... it's like it was made for each other. I think you can't get it more compact in size. Only tricky issue is to find out the IP of the Openspot as the Huawei doesn't show up with RJ45 connected IP's. Using Fing on a smart phone solves the problem easily.
Attachments
Huawei E5770 LTE
Huawei E5770 LTE

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:28 am

@DL7DW: did you ever try to find out what the data consumption is, when using openSpot via 4G?