Version 84 firmware?

W5hj

Version 84 firmware?

Post by W5hj »

Does the web interface quick call feature allow for 4000 disconnect while current talkgroup is busy?
Hank W5HJ 73

WB5JJJ

Re: Version 84 firmware?

Post by WB5JJJ »

Yes, it appears so.

But clicking the QC 4000 button, I get a response saying whatever it says about disconnect (unlinked, I think), but the status page still shows connected to the last TG.
Last edited by WB5JJJ on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

It sends a quick call to the network, what happens is up to the server. I noticed that if the end of the current ongoing call ends not too much time after a quick call to 4000, the server will unlink. If the call is ongoing for a long time, the server will ignore the request. The best is to click on the "switch to selected" button to make openSPOT reconnect and do the quick call when it is connected again (the currently ongoing call won't be forwarded to openSPOT by the server, so you will be able to make a quick call until the next call starts).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

Perhaps a "switch to selected" button push could be incorporated into the QC 4000 button so it will happen all at once. And that will show the connected status as N/A.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The quick call does a quick call, so you can use it for other purposes (linking reflectors, talkgroups). It is not a dedicated unlink button. Hopefully eventually BM will support unlinking while in call.
SharkRF Team

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

I talked with Artem R3ABM, and he'll add a new Homebrew protocol packet which can interrupt ongoing calls. openSPOT can interrupt ongoing calls this way and then do the quick call. The new Homebrew protocol packet will be included in the next BM server release (already in the changelog https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/Changelog), and the support for it in openSPOT will be added shortly.
SharkRF Team