My internet connection

Roberteod

My internet connection

Post by Roberteod »

I did a speed test and got the following results. Ping: 856, Download: 21.50, Upload: 1.96. I am wondering if it will be possible to use the Openspot with these speeds? Thanks for any replies.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: My internet connection

Post by HA2NON »

Are download and upload values in megabits? In that case it's far more than enough for openSPOT.

Is the ping in milliseconds? Make sure you measure the ping between your machine and the server you want to connect to.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Roberteod

Post by Roberteod »

I have a wifi hotspot with my iphone that has a ping of 37ms. Can I connect the openspot direct to the computer when the iphone is connected? For some reason I can't get my TP-Link mini hotspot to connect to the iphone.
Roberteod

Post by Roberteod »

I just did a speed test and the download speed was 5.36ms, and the upload speed was 2.07.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Are download and upload values in megabits? In that case it's far more than enough for openSPOT.

It's possible to directly connect openSPOT to a computer. Just turn on internet connection sharing.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Roberteod

Post by Roberteod »

I got my FT991 back from the repair shop. I hooked up my openspot and configured it for America Link and it works like a charm. My next thing I need to master is the set up for DMR. I could hear conversations but they couldn't hear me. I know I will find the answer here.