On status page "in call" Intermitent

Roberteod

On status page "in call" Intermitent

Post by Roberteod »

I noticed on the status page that the "In Call" indicator is going off and on while I am keying the mic button. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks for any help.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: On status page "in call" Intermitent

Post by HA2NON »

What connector do you use?
What modem mode do you use? If DMR, have you ran DMR autocal, or tried to change DMR demod modes manually?
Have you tried the built-in local echo?
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Roberteod

Post by Roberteod »

I have been checking the manual and I have not found anything about local echo. I am willing to try anything. Thank you for the reply.
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Search for the text "local echo". It is supported for DMR and D-STAR connectors.

What connector do you use?
What modem mode do you use?
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
Roberteod

Post by Roberteod »

I am using homebrew for connector, and C4FM for modem. I am using the FT991 radio, that may help to know. I am set for DMR right now and it appears that there is traffic but I am not hearing anything.
W5hj

Post by W5hj »

Could be seeing traffic but not hearing it if you didn't do a 4000 group call to disconnect from a talkgroup before keying up a new one. If you are using FW 87 or later the 4000 disconnect quick call is available on the Homebrew connectors page. Otherwise you need to enter 4000 in your C4FM rerouting and key the radio between talkgroups.
Hank W5HJ 73
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Local echo is only available for DMR and D-STAR radios, as you can't set the destination callsign for a call on your C4FM radio.

Please set the "Default DMR ID for C4FM calls" to your DMR ID (Settings page, DMR settings section). Also please set the talkgroup you want to speak to at the Homebrew connector settings (Route C4FM calls to ID, and don't forget to set it to group call).

It's advisable to do an unlink before you key a new TG as W5HJ wrote before.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
cheezhead

Post by cheezhead »

I have the same issue with the status page keeps scrolling my keyup. I have done the autocalibration and it doesn't matter which radio I use my xpr7550 or my md380 it keeps scrolling saying something about late entry. I can post a short video clip if needed.

Kevin
N9OIG
HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please post a video about it, as I haven't seen and couldn't reproduce anything like that.
Norbert Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team
cheezhead

Post by cheezhead »