Connecting TP_Link wr802N to openspot

Roberteod

Connecting TP_Link wr802N to openspot

Post by Roberteod » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 am

I have seen so many people using the TP link mini router with the openspot. I have been trying to no avail to program this mini router in the client mode. I want to configure it to work with my iphone. I am running windows 10 on a desk top computer. My internet is hughesnet(no laughing please). The mini router has a stronger wifi signal than my Belkin router, but my computer won't recognize it. I am hoping somebody out there has had the same problem and beat it. Any help will be appreciated.

n7yo

Re: Connecting TP_Link wr802N to openspot

Post by n7yo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:11 pm

The way I connected to mine was by connecting the Ethernet port of the tp-link straight to my router, wait a couple of minutes for the tp-link to provision itself on the network, and then on your computer open your browser type in the http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. that should let you in that way. If not let us know we try another way.

W7CTH

Post by W7CTH » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 am

Don't know if this will work for you, This is how I did it to work on my iPhone.

Yes, connected to your internet. When you connect to it from your computer you will need to us the network password (the one that is on the case of the Tp-Link)

1. Connect your TP link as in the directions.
2. the TP link to a lap top with wifi preferably, or desktop
3. Once the TP Link has finished the boot up check connected wifi devices on your computer.
4. Connect to the TP Link. Use the given username and password supplied with the TP link to connect
5. Once you are connected open a web browser and in the title bar type in 192.168.1.1 and hit enter
This should bring up the TP link home page.
6. Enter the user name and password. This is on the instruction sheet supplied by the TP link.
Once logged in you will proceed to the quick set up

***IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THIS AS A MOBILE WIFI LINK YOU MUST ENABLE YOUR HOT SPOT DEVICE BEFORE PROCEEDING***
7. With your hot spot device enabled choose the “HOT SPOT ROUTER”
A list of available wifi connection will be available, Choose your hotspot device.
You will need to enter the password to access you hotspot
Once chosen follow the rest of the prompts
Allow your hotspot to reboot
Unplug the network connection from your computer
Plug in your Open spot via the net cable to the TP link to test.

NtzanisNikos

Post by NtzanisNikos » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:36 am

Can i access from my android phone to openspot's setting's while it is still connected to powerbank?Also if i make another connection from my tplink to my home wifi as a client and after aweek i have to take it to my car and connected to my android do i have to set the tplink again or it remember my previous connection to my android? I want to have two ''profiles'' one for my android and one for my home's wifi

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:44 am

Also i have many problem with WR720N , if turn on all the same dont work
With WiFi home router :
I must turn On WR720N and wait that connect with WiFi,so turn On OpenSpot and normally work fine

With Iphone :
1)I go to setting , Hotspot ,enable -->
2)i turn on WR720N if im lacky ,Iphone recognize Accesspoint and so i can turn On Openspot , but usually im not lacky and i must repeate step 1) more time
I like Iphone but i understand that its deprecaeted for use as HotSpot :-(