No TX/RX past Hotspot

KG5ZLG

No TX/RX past Hotspot

Post by KG5ZLG » Mon May 14, 2018 3:27 pm

I (believe) I set up the hotspot correctly from several youtube videos and this site. I do not get audio, nor do I see my call going out to the chosen channel. I do hear the generic audio from the openspot telling me what channel it is connected to, etc. On the status page, I see my call to TG 9 from my callsign, but I do not see a call from openspot to the channel I set as a static TG for testing (3100). I will also see calls from 3100, but I do not get audio on my radio. I will see the incoming call on the UDP traffic graph and the call log.

I've attached the Status page. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,
KG5ZLG
Attachments
openspot.png

WA6NQW

Re: No TX/RX past Hotspot

Post by WA6NQW » Mon May 14, 2018 4:39 pm

You need a channel set up to transmit, and depending on the brand of radio (ie radioddity), also receive, on TG 3100 to use that channel if call routing is turned off. With call routing turned off, your radio will only hear and talk to TG9 if that is what it is programmed to do. You may need to set up your radio with a receive group for both TG9, and the TG you are using, in order to hear both.
You could also put your radio into "monitor" mode as a test, and see if you hear audio on 3100, but you won't be able to talk there unless your radio is specifically set for that talkgroup.

That's what it looks like is happening from the status page.

KG5ZLG

Re: No TX/RX past Hotspot

Post by KG5ZLG » Tue May 15, 2018 1:15 pm

I did configure the specific TG in my radio and I'm hearing now. Thank you for the help. I was trying to use TG 9 to the openspot as a static TG and then have openspot handle the TGs going out. I appreciate your guidance.

73 de
KG5ZLG