openpot 1 has perpetual red flash

tmmccrann

openpot 1 has perpetual red flash

Post by tmmccrann »

A week ago got up in he morning and Openspot 1 was flashing Red status light. Unit worked perfect the previous evening and was not turned off, and the computer model and router never turned off. Since I have updated the firmware, status shows 141. Status show Connector Connecting for the last 7 days. I am using 3102 here in the U.S. but have tried the other three and a few others with the same results.

tmmccrann

Re: openspot 1 has perpetual red flash

Post by tmmccrann »

typo error should say openspot not openpot.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: openpot 1 has perpetual red flash

Post by HA2NON »

Slow (1Hz) flashing red Status LED means that the null connector is active. This is the default case when you've done a factory reset. In this case, activate another connector to initiate connecting to a server.

Fast flashing red Status LED means openSPOT is trying to connect to the selected server, but it can't connect (network issues, or server is down). In this case you should try using another server. If none of the servers work then please check the hotspot security setting on your BrandMeister SelfCare page at https://brandmeister.network/
If hotspot security is turned on, you have to use the hotspot password you've set there as the server password in the openSPOT. If hotspot security is turned off, then you have to use the default server password which is "passw0rd" (without the double quotation marks).
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann »

went to Brandmeister, checked server security, turned off. Openspot continues to say Connector connecting. I can send you my configuration file .

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann »

Tried by passing router, just from Internet modem to openspot, results the same. Have tried an openspot reboot (button in the back), tried a configuration redo, still flashing red light. Openspot detects myradio as I get flashing Green lights on radio transmit My openspot reset tab is broken so I have to remove case and ground button. Its been that way for maybe 2 years. No Big deal.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Please try using another server, for example the Hungarian one. You wrote that you've turned off hotspot security. In this case, make sure you use the default server password which is "passw0rd" (without the double quotation marks).
SharkRF Team

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann »

I tried the Hungarian server, same result..Checked Brandmeister, Hotspot security turned off. My API code I can not see anything. Get API but not able to save anything.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

The API code is irrevelant in this case, it is only useful for accessing the BrandMeister API from your browser to manage static/dynamic TG linking etc.

We've checked your configuration file you've sent in email. Please look at the server log at http://brandmeister.hu/log when your OS1 tries to connect: *** Repeater 3129226 authentication failed (incorrect password))

This means you have the hotspot security setting in your BrandMeister Network SelfCare turned on and you need to use the password you've set there as the server password in your OS1.
SharkRF Team

tmmccrann

Post by tmmccrann »

In Brandmeister I had security turned off BUT I never noticed my DMR ID had changed. Something so simple that it took a week and a half to change 7 little digits. The tech people at Openspot RF are the best. The patience of saints dealing with dumb operators. Thanks...