Unable to Connect to OpenSpot with browser.

K6FW

Unable to Connect to OpenSpot with browser.

Post by K6FW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 am

I have a new to me Open Spot when powered up has the Status light solid red, ACT unlit, Modem flashing green, ETH ACT flashing green. I can't connect to the open spot using either of the 2 links in the online instructions. I have performed a factory reset several times. The open spot will go into boot loader mode with Status and modem lights flashing green, ETH ACT green and ACT unlit. No flash drive labeled Bootloader shows on my computer.

Since the ACT LED is always unlit is this the problem? Does this mean the open spot is bad?

Vk2dxn

Re: Unable to Connect to OpenSpot with browser.

Post by Vk2dxn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:41 am

I also have this exact same problem, purchased a new sharkRF a few weeks ago and was able to connect to the browser then. I received my new DMR radio today and wanted to try out the new open spot but it appears to have bricked itself as I am unable to connect via the IP address or the links in the user manual

Vk2dxn

Post by Vk2dxn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:08 am

I would just like to add to my post...
It appears that the IP address had changed and I found this information by logging into my router.
I do find it strange that the address's listed in the manual do not work for win7 or win10 chrome browser

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:41 am

Make sure openSPOT is connected to the same router your browser device is connected to with an Ethernet cable. If http://openspot.local/ does not work then please open the web interface by entering openSPOT's IP address in your browser. You can find openSPOT's IP address by looking at the DHCP client list in your router's web interface, or you can use an IP or MDNS scanner app.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

K6FW

Post by K6FW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:34 pm

My router does not list the IP addresses of connected devices. I used an IP scanner that listed 12 generic devices but does not return the MAC address of those devices. I tried each of the 12 IP addresses in a web browser and none of them connected to the open spot. The ACT LED (heartbeat) is always unlit and the IP scanner can't find the open spot would lead me to believe the open spot is defective. Would you agree?

K6FW

Post by K6FW » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 pm

I downloaded another IP scanner that displays MAC address with the associated IP addresses. The IP Scanner program does not find a device matching the open spot MAC address. That along with the ACT LED always unlit leads me to believe that the open spot is defective. The ETH ACT LED flashes so it is connected to the network. At this point unless further troubleshooting help is provided the unit needs to be returned.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:48 am

Please start the bootloader on the device and upload the latest stable or beta firmware.
SharkRF Team

K6FW

Post by K6FW » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Reinstalling the firmware fixed the problem. The Open Spot is now seen on the network. Thank you.

w2rfa

Post by w2rfa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm

I just installed my openspot in my new vehicle using the vehicle’s hotspot (AT&T). Everything works fine but I cannot access the openspot menu by either the http://openspot.local address nor by entering my IP address that comes up via “What’s my IP?” Browser comes up not finding server. Had no problem when I used my iPhone as a hotspot. Like I said, the openspot connects and works, just can’t access the openspot menu.

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Probably the AT&T hotspot is separating the network for your phone and for the openSPOT. If you can, disable network separation in the AT&T hotspot so all connected clients can see each other.
SharkRF Team