I must have a setting wrong

KO3F

I must have a setting wrong

Post by KO3F »

So i got the open spot set up today...Have set up connector and modem exactly as laid out in the user manual:

Act: slow flash green but fast green when i am transmitting on the radio
Modem: flashes fast green when i am transmitting on the radio otherwise unlit
Eth Act: flashes green

I get nothing on parrots, nothing on RSSI, BER on transmit and nothing on network UDP traffic...I do have the little hourglass indicator in the upper right hand corner of the browser is apparent...Any ideas on where to start?...Thanks Gary

Tyrbiter

Re: I must have a setting wrong

Post by Tyrbiter »

Try a private call to 9999, that is the built in parrot. You should see the Modem LED go red even if the radio doesn't hear the transmission.

Probably worth checking RF power is set fairly high.
Brian

KO3F

Post by KO3F »

I've tried both as a private and group call and high and low power...no joy

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

What browser do you use? Please make sure you use the latest Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Probably the web interface is not correctly loaded by your browser.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

KO3F

Post by KO3F »

Good morning...I use the latest version of Safari on my mac book...Also tried safari on my iPhone with the same result...I reset the configuration and started from scratch to set up the connector...I'm using Brandmeister US 3103...I did kerchunk TG 3124 and got an indication that i was transmitting on the browser but subsequent attempts to hit TG9999 to hear myself or other TGs were unsuccessful...No indication of reception either on hose line or C bridge netwatch...When i key up the radio, the ACT and Modem lights flash fast green so i think i'm getting to the open spot...Also when i make a configuration change, i get the voice confirmation on TG9...Is it possible that i have the TGs set up incorrectly?...I have a zone set up just for the open spot and set the TGs up as channels in the same manner as i would to hit a RF repeater...Is that the correct procedure?...Thanks for your help

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

openSPOT voice announcements are always sent to TG9. Have you ran DMR autocal, or tried to change DMR demod modes manually?

On the status page, it's normal to have the page load indicator on the top right of the page, as the status page is continuously refreshed.

Does the call log show your call to 9999?
SharkRF Team

KO3F

Post by KO3F »

I tried to run the autodial yesterday but it did not seem to pick up the radio...I got no indication on the status bar...No the 9999 did not show up on the status screen...I'm going to check my TG #s again now and try it again...

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Try manually adjusting DMR demod modes until openSPOT receives your radio correctly.
SharkRF Team

KO3F

Post by KO3F »

Happy to report that when i manually changed the demod mode to C all began to work...Can see all TGs programmed on the status page and just had a QSO on 3100...Thanks for your help in troubleshooting! 73 Gary KO3F

G7EQM

Post by G7EQM »

Had exactly the same issue and Demod Mode C also fixed my issue, made the Autocal work, which then confirmed that C was the correct setting!

Yeay~!