OpenSpot transmitting but where?

oh3nfc

OpenSpot transmitting but where?

Post by oh3nfc »

This issue might be reported before, unfortunately a search with the word "transmitting" resulted too many hits to follow.

Well, the issue this time is: The OpenSpot (software version 1.08) is not transmitting on the configured frequency, 434.425 MHz. The Modem LED is blinking red but I cannot hear any signal on the configured frequency. I tried to search the freq with a scanner without any success. Rebooting did not solve the problem. On the other profile the OSP was transmitting Ok.

Finally as a work around, on the faulty profile I switched the 'Modem settings' -> 'Mode/submode' to Idle and then back to DMR Hotspot, and the SRF-OSP is back in business again and transmitting on the correct freq.

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: OpenSpot transmitting but where?

Post by HA2NON »

Do you mean the CW ID, or do you mean a normal transmission can't be heard? Can you reproduce the issue?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

Thank you for quick reply.

On this case mean the normal digital transmission. I normal conditions the CW-ID is heard with my SSB/CW transceivers.

I tried to query the status of the OpenSpot by hitting a radio PTT on the TG9998. Until yesterday the OpenSpot has replied by an English spoken status message.

The RX-LED of the OSP was blinking green while my query transmission. Immediately after I released the PTT the Modem LED started illuminating RED indicating the OpenSpot was transmitting, but nothing was heard on my DMR-radios Hytera PD565 or Retevis RT3 nor with Yaesu FT-817 on USB mode. I also tried to search the transmission with my scanner, Uniden UBC360CLT, without any success.

I set the frequencies of the OSP again but no result. Finally, on the Modem settings page, I switched Mode/submode to Idle and back again to DMR Hotspot. This cured the problem.

Unfortunate the issue is hard to reproduce. This OpenSpot has been running on my desk about two weeks and I discovered this issue just yesterday.

I like my SharkRF OpenSpot very much, this is a good hamradio gadget and further development makes it even better.

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Post by HA2NON »

Thank you for reporting the issue. We don't know what caused this, we've never experienced this issue. It's hard to find the cause when it's not reproducible, but we'll look at it.
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

One thing more. I have been actively using automatic change to Null Connector. This issue might be a memory handling problem.

73 de Veijo

oh3nfc

Post by oh3nfc »

I'm pretty sure that firmware version 0136 cures also this issue.

Many thanks to the SRF Team sorting out all the issues I have reported so far.

73 de Veijo OH3NFC