Open port on router

W2JAZ

Open port on router

Post by W2JAZ »

I'm trying to setup my new SharkRF and have had no luck getting it to work with my TYT 380. I have a good code plug to start with that I got from a friend so that shouldn't be the problem. I've used the HT with a borrowed DV mini so I know it works. I have the Openspot plugged into a muti port switcher. Is it necessary to open up a port on my router? I'm stumped.
Rick, W2JAZ

HA2NON
SharkRF team
SharkRF team

Re: Open port on router

Post by HA2NON »

It's not necessary to open any port on a modern router. What it your issue? openSPOT can't connect to a server, or you can't open the web interface?
Norbert "Nonoo" Varga, HA2NON
SharkRF Team

W2JAZ

Post by W2JAZ »

I can't connect to a server and he HT.
Rick

W2JAZ

Post by W2JAZ »

A friend set up my TYT HT 380 with a code plug that he uses and he's out of town so I can't get help from him. Clearly as a new comer to all this I need to do some reading to understand the jargon and how things work as I feel a bit like I'm reading a foreign language. This should have been relatively easy to set up and get working and I've spent hours on it with no result because of my own lack of,experience with the technology, terms etc. what can I Read?

Rick, W2JAZ

WB5JJJ

Post by WB5JJJ »

Rick's problem has been solved. Apparently the network was split for a time in his area of NJ and he could not connect to any servers.
George Cotton, WB5JJJ
Russellville, Arkansas USA